Full System Exhaust Options for 2017 RC 390

Drstimpy

Elite Member
Country flag
I’m pretty happy with just removing the cat...you won’t save a ton of weight between that and a full system. Plus it’s not arrest me loud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any dB level numbers of the various options?

I have a dB meter, and one of each exhaust cans. What I haven't had the opportunity to do yet is do a high speed pass with both to get actual dB numbers. To be honest, it's been pretty far down on my priority list in the grand scheme of things to do. What I can say is this. I haven't heard of anyone getting black flagged with the Maggot cans on their bike. The Maggot cans are louder than the carbon ovals. In general, racers pick the Maggot cans because they are lighter. Some street riders have picked the Maggot cans because they have a deeper / throatier sound. The Maggots are louder than the Carbon Ovals with the dB limiter removed, but not greatly so. It's more the tone that differs than actual loudness. The carbon ovals with the dB limiters in are quieter than without, and quieter than the Maggots. I haven't had anyone complain about either with being too quiet (like the stock exhaust) nor too loud.