Got Heat...

OldVet

My old 74 year old body gets cold easily and with the weather changing I decided it was time to install the Gerbing Heat Control so I can hook up my electric jacket.

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

rick

Heh, I was researching that this morning. Super wussy but, it's been cold this week first thing in the morning.

I like the location though - should let you hang off a bit if you want to while plugged in.

OldVet

Heh, I was researching that this morning. Super wussy but, it's been cold this week first thing in the morning.

I like the location though - should let you hang off a bit if you want to while plugged in.

Yeah with the controller right under the clutch side it's easy to adjust the temp and with a long enough cord you could hang like Marc ;)

I'll be a warm wuss though LOL...

RC390 Fan

Hmm I'd like to hear more about this electric jacket setup. Now wondering if there is a universal inner-vest type option that you could put inside a normal riding jacket?

I never really thought about using one before but it seems like a good way to go considering that i cant imagine not riding the RC until spring. !!

OldVet

Hmm I'd like to hear more about this electric jacket setup. Now wondering if there is a universal inner-vest type option that you could put inside a normal riding jacket?

I never really thought about using one before but it seems like a good way to go considering that i cant imagine not riding the RC until spring. !!

Here ya go, they have all kinds of stuff like vests, gloves, socks and controllers, pretty much anything you could ever want to stay warm.

Men

Ryanthegreat1

Gerbing used to be made right across the road from me. Looks like they were bought out/merged with Gyde. I wonder if they are still made here or if the manufacturing was shipped off to some other country.

I was about to give you a ribbing for the "cold" weather but it looks like it is legitimately cool down south right now. But I would take the high of 65 over my high of 50 and raining. :-(

OldVet

Gerbing used to be made right across the road from me. Looks like they were bought out/merged with Gyde. I wonder if they are still made here or if the manufacturing was shipped off to some other country.

I was about to give you a ribbing for the "cold" weather but it looks like it is legitimately cool down south right now. But I would take the high of 65 over my high of 50 and raining. :-(

Yeah I had a hard time finding Gyde, when I put Gerbing in it didn't take me directly to their site for some reason. I don't know if they are out sourcing their stuff or not. I just hope they still honor Gerbings lifetime warranty as I'm on my second free jacket now ;)

It is getting colder for sure, usually what's cold to me isn't to other people, like I said these old bones of mine get cold easily.

rick

Well this thread did inspire me to modify my ancient Widder 'Lectric Vest and Gloves to plug into my Battery Tender harness instead of the Widder one. Now I can plug into any of my bikes.
widder_vest.jpg
widder_gloves.jpg

It was pleasantly toasty coming in this morning!

Last edited: