micahpearlman

I use a 10Hz Bluetooth Garmin GPS receiver paired with Harry's Laptimer App on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psych0hans

Country flag
This was recorded using my iPhone using a wide angle lens and the video overlay feature of Harry's lap timer.
[video=youtube_share;plYbYbBZCiY]http://youtu.be/plYbYbBZCiY[/video]

psych0hans

Country flag
You could also add OBDII reading to it if you had the correct monitor installed. That would give you throttle position and RPM as a part of the overlay.

DCMoney

Country flag
I run a XT GPX Pro 8 but it's more for the data logging and ease of swapping between bikes.

Demo video I did from a year ago at HPT, left bar represents brake PSI, never bought the software to do a full race.

[video=youtube;sPXSC4rDNMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXSC4rDNMo[/video]

waveriders

For the XT GPX Pro 8, can you download the data and graphically show where in the corners you are braking and accelerating? Most of the units I looked gave you the data, but only a couple let you see it graphically on a created map of the track.

DCMoney

Country flag
For the XT GPX Pro 8, can you download the data and graphically show where in the corners you are braking and accelerating? Most of the units I looked gave you the data, but only a couple let you see it graphically on a created map of the track.

It doesn't overlay a picture of the track but it shows your line on the screen which is pretty easy to understand where you're at on track.. Once you calibrate the accelerometers you can get an acceleration/braking graph and it shows you when you're braking and accelerating. I've used this to cut seconds off my lap times by pushing deeper into corners before braking and trying to accelerate quicker out of corners.

Last edited:

waveriders

That type of graph is what I'm looking for. Right now I've been doing about one track day a month, and I have no idea if I'm getting better. I really want to know what I'm doing in the corners. There aren't many reviews of timers out there at the moment that I can find, and there is a wide price point. But I think I'm definitely going to get one. This is really becoming an addiction........

ArkansasDave

What software? Looks good, what was up with your start?

Duh Dashware see it in the top right. Love watching you pass 3-5 guys going into corners nice riding!

The original grids had a 4 wave start, I missed the memo that it was switched to 2 waves. But that terrible start motivated the crap out of me and I went 4 sec faster than my previous personal best. Ended up second in class and one of the best races of my life.

DCMoney

Country flag
The original grids had a 4 wave start, I missed the memo that it was switched to 2 waves. But that terrible start motivated the crap out of me and I went 4 sec faster than my previous personal best. Ended up second in class and one of the best races of my life.

Very awesome!

Wa2fst

Country flag
Jst looked up the app so you mount your phone turn on cam and it records the rest and the gps reciever adds more of the track outline for more graph data? Trying to understand how they work together.

Will not buy an XT Racing ever again. Whatever you do don't get any amount of water on it. It has -zero- water resistance. I will be moving to AIM and a IP67 rating.

octaneguy

I recently got to play with the new Push SmartGauge. It was mounted to my RC390 using a GoPro mount. While I have no experience with lap timers, I was impressed by the amount of data this tool collected.
IMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0026.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0031.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpg