Hello from Missouri

IMRiese

Country flag
I'm new to the forum, however, I've already managed to find lots of useful information. As of right now, I actually own a 2015 KTM RC8R. Unfortunately, I wrecked it a little over a month ago and did $15,000 worth of damage to the sucker, now I'm waiting for her to salvage out which leaves me lookin for a new ride. I tracked my RC8 a few times, but was never able to ride the thing to its full potential which is one of the main reasons I want to drop down to a smaller bike. After seeing a few RC 390's tear it up at the track and rip around some of the 600's and 1000's in the corners, I knew I eventually wanted one! However, after doing much research and reading reviews, it seems that many of the 15's, and even some of the 16's have had many issues at low miles, some of which include: overheating in traffic, electrical problems, bolts and parts falling off, head gaskets blowing, etc. What I'm wondering is if any of these issues have been addressed by KTM and will the 2017 model be less likely to have these occurrences? Also, what is the average service price in the U.S. as far as getting valves checked and first oil change? Hope to hear back from some of you guys soon, TIA!

KTManny

Can't speak to the 2017 model as I just dont know. But I will tell you my 2015 is 6500 miles and running strong. :cool: