I think I'm done for now.....hopefully

zaster

Country flag
I thought I would never go there, trying to improve on a bike that is already a blast to ride.
Mind you, I’m accustomed to riding liter bikes for most of my life.
The following mods were done mostly by myself:
Front brake pads EBS FA606HH
Driven rear sets
Ohlins rear shock KT303
Race Tech fork springs with 5 wt syn oil
BMC air filter (needed some trimming to fit the air box)
RS9 Yoshimura exhaust
PCV with wide band 2 auto tune
CNC shorty levers
Helix Racing radiator cap
Swing arm spool sliders
CNC clip ons
Fabricated a license plate/rear signal mount since the race exhaust won't allow for it.
Thanks to HardRacing for the installation videos which allowed me to save a bundle on labor.
Just finished the Installation tonight and hope to report back with a ride review tomorrow in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

cornerslider

I'm in the same boat- "I think I'm done"........ Feels good, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out [emoji41][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treachery

Country flag
Well, you're never done... :cool: But, congrats on a nice list of mods. But just so's ya know, we're going to hunt you down if pics aren't forthcoming in the near future.

JS.

​WOOHOO! 1000 posts!

cornerslider

Well, you're never done... :cool: But, congrats on a nice list of mods. But just so's ya know, we're going to hunt you down if pics aren't forthcoming in the near future.

JS.

​WOOHOO! 1000 posts!

IMG_0585.JPG

2016 RC390

-Arrow street thunder exhaust
-PCV w/Chad Wells map
-K&N filter w/open air box mod.
-Ohlins rear shock (KT303)
-Racetech 1.0 front springs w/Amsoil medium wt oil
-Adjustable/unbreakable levers
-KTM Hard parts seat (for the street)
-KTM "race bubble" windscreen
-Tail tidy license plate bracket
-Other assorted KTM "bling"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zaster

Country flag
Nice bike Cornerslider!
Treachery, here are a few pics of the finished product:
P1030875resized.jpgP1030876resized.jpgP1030877resized.jpg

Got to take it out for a short ride, what a difference!!!!! Feels like a totally different engine and the throttle response is phenomenal.

zaster

Country flag
So what is everyone's RC ending up costing to make it a "good" bike?

Including the bike, front and rear stands plus tire warmers I have approx. $8.5K into it.

It is a good bike but that makes it a great to awesome bike!

Last edited:

simpletty

Country flag
So what is everyone's RC ending up costing to make it a "good" bike?

this is in canuk dollars so to get us add it twice then subtract once then multiply it by 5.5, add cross border taxes and shipping, then another 15 percent.

akra exhaust was 1100\

fork springs swao 180
rear r6 shock swap 330
rear sets 145
k and n 45
rad cap 25

to come--
clip ons
quick turn throttle
belly pan-race
tali-race
front upper-race

difference from stock---not even the same bike to ride

simpletty

Country flag
Here is my take, its a fairly inexpensive bike. A 600 supersport will set you back, in Canada, 13000$. I paid less than half of that for the ktm. My R6 is perfect to ride on the street, did a few mods, integrated tail light, flush mounts, tidy tail, ecu flash, block off plates. The KTM is weaker out of the box, but its half the price. Its ok as is to ride on the street, but for those of us who enjoy the odd track day on a small bike will spend a few thousand on it to just make it that much better to ride on the track. Im sure that if it came with trick suspension, full race exhaust and tune along with some other trick parts out of the box it would be pushing the 10k mark. Or if :I wanted all that in a race bike, I would have bought a cup bike. I would definitely not looked at it twice for that price and probably would have bought a second R3 or a used R6 for a track day bike. I find it fun to make the bike your own and the reward is so worth it. Anyway i think im at maybe 7500 as well and thats really not that bad considering the return Im getting

I thought I would never go there, trying to improve on a bike that is already a blast to ride.
Mind you, I’m accustomed to riding liter bikes for most of my life.
The following mods were done mostly by myself:
Front brake pads EBS FA606HH
Driven rear sets
Ohlins rear shock KT303
Race Tech fork springs with 5 wt syn oil
BMC air filter (needed some trimming to fit the air box)
RS9 Yoshimura exhaust
PCV with wide band 2 auto tune
CNC shorty levers
Helix Racing radiator cap
Swing arm spool sliders
CNC clip ons
Fabricated a license plate/rear signal mount since the race exhaust won't allow for it.
Thanks to HardRacing for the installation videos which allowed me to save a bundle on labor.
Just finished the Installation tonight and hope to report back with a ride review tomorrow in case anyone is interested.

Wew! Quite a number of customization you've got there. I'm pretty sure your beast is rockin' the streets.

zaster

Country flag
I love the way the bike responds and handles now and my 1199R has been sitting idle because of it.
Rode it from Albuquerque to Telluride and had a blast.