Wa2fst

Country flag
Has anyone been there. If so how is the track and the ammenities? Thinking of hauling down there from Michigan.

DCMoney

Country flag
Did my first track day there in 07, from what I remember, not much as in amenities. At the time the track was in decent shape. VERY FLAT zero elevation changes, but what can you expect from Florida. I had a blast would go back.

waveriders

That is the track I go to most. I was there three weeks ago. Track was in good shape. It is out in the middle of nowhere. But they have camping facilities with power. For track days, they have a food truck that's good. They also have a limited number of concrete pads that you can set up on, but you have to get there early. Saturdays and Sundays get more people, but I usually go on Mondays. The last two Mondays I've been, there have maybe been a total of 15-17 people running each day, which is nice. It is flat, and has a decibel limit of 104db. My next scheduled trip is December 5th. I'm going to be taking the Ed Bargy school.

Wa2fst

Country flag
As of now im looking to do the weekend with STT sounds like they are running only 20 per group instead of the larger groups.

TST Industries

Jennings GP is one of TST's home tracks as it's located about 3.5 hours away to our north. Here are a few details from my view:

Amenities:
Little pre-manufactured buildings to host the offices/classrooms/bathrooms.
1. Small classroom for structured track day instruction.
2. Men's/women's bathrooms that stay open all day/night. 3 showers with consistent hot water. Maintenance usually does a good job keeping toiletries stocked (may sound comical until every stall has no toilet paper...).
3. Food truck is usually open, however we just did a weekend track visit there with Southern Track Days and it was closed.
4. Take a look at the facilities on Google Maps to see concrete pads on pit lane. Most of them (if not all) have a power outlet. Entire facility is on a 200amp circuit breaker I believe, so if the number of tire warmers, fans, heaters, etc. gets up there, it gets thrown often.
5. There are several surrounding towns within a 10 mile radius that offer decent food/groceries/motel services if necessary.
6. Definitely nothing to write home about. Don't go thinking it'll be similar to a full blown speedway. That said, we usually go up Friday, camp Friday and Saturday in tents, etc. and have an enjoyable weekend.

Track:
1. Can watch YouTube videos and check it out on Google Maps to see the layout. As others have said, it's flat as a board, relatively tight, 2 mile length, and 14 turns (mostly left when running standard direction). I'd consider it more of a technical track with an average speed of about 70-80mph (1:25-1:40 lap time, depending on how fast you are). However, I do hit the rev limiter of 6th (stock gearing) between turns 2 and 3 and run the whole track in gears 4, 5, and 6.
2. Asphalt condition is moderate. There are a number of burn patches and low-side divots that you have to be aware of (not the smoothest of transitions). Turn 8 is notorious for people low-siding (if you walk the track and look at the surface, you'll see why).
3. Decent run off everywhere. However, some of the turns have a pretty severe drop off from track to grass (3-4 inches).
4. Track workers are good. They get crashed bikes off the track quickly if/when that happens.
5. The class you run in will designate available passing areas. If they restrict to only 20 riders per group, it won't be too congested.

Weather:
Florida can have some amazing weather during winter (hello snow birds...). However, it can either be 75 and sunny, or 30 and raining. As always, cross the fingers.

Let me know if there's any other info you'd like me to provide.

Wa2fst

Country flag
awesome! thanks for the write up! I used to be stationed in Panama City for about 7 years. And I know quite a bit of friends who got into track days back then and were running that track there all the time. When I started getting on the track I was going to Little Tally GP. I assume the tracks are prob comparable.. tire eater contrete, small, and tight little turns.

Just judging about taking a road trip that way for a day. gets me out of Michigan for a long weekend and a cheap track weekend. guess thats what it comes down to if its worth the trip down. TO me looks like it may be.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I don't know what group you run in but I know I group was sold out for Saturday but Sunday all 3 were open. I will be down there on the 12th and 13th running A group but I'm def at the back end of A lol. But maybe on a good tight track I will win that elusive track day trophy!

waveriders

Sweet! I was there last Saturday taking Ed Bargy's school. It was also a track day, and I counted four other RC's there. Hopefully you'll have a couple there to run with.

I will not be there this weekend because all groups are full with STT. I will try to make it the weekend of January 22-25, 2016

Wa2fst

Country flag
I had a BLAST! The yosh pipes are under 104 i never was meatballed. Ran :31s not sure where that is on the scale but the fun meter was pegged! The back sectiontook me a while to get together but i would still have the occasional blow one turn to blow the next.

lots of elbow dragging was going in A group in front of me. Its pretty impressive

Wa2fst

Country flag
The bike ran like a raped ape! The butt dyno says there is an entirely different motor in there! Chads tune is what that bike needed! The akra flash never had me redline where i shouldnt had. (I was redlining in turns knee down committed before..no bueno!)

only issue i had is if the bike gets rained on or tons of moisture like heavy dew the bike is a hard starter. I think is from the airbox mod. Not sure if anyone has experienced this?

TST Industries

I had a BLAST! The yosh pipes are under 104 i never was meatballed. Ran :31s not sure where that is on the scale but the fun meter was pegged! The back sectiontook me a while to get together but i would still have the occasional blow one turn to blow the next.

lots of elbow dragging was going in A group in front of me. Its pretty impressive

Way to go! Got any video from your weekend? I'd be interested to see your lines and corner pace for a :31.

Wa2fst

Country flag
No video. I had my gopros but never put them on. Just track photographer pics which wont show a whole lot ill see about getting those posted up. Def had a ggrea time. Im a little spoiled have Grattan and Gingerman so close.