KTM "Race for Free"

stevieboy

Country flag
Opened an envelope from KTM today and inside were five certificates to RACE FOR FREE since I purchased an RC390. Card says there are four RC Cup Regional Race Series to race my motorcycle in closed course competition. Anybody know anything about this? Like where are these held and/or when? Thanks.

nino209

KTM is pleased to announce a special retail promotion this spring . Beginning March 1, until May 31, if a customer purchases a RC 390, KTM will pay for them to race up to five select regional races. The regional series participating are: Championship Cup Series (CCS), Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA), American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM) and Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CVR).

OldVet

Unfortunately Illinois is long way from Chuckwalla Valley Raceway since it's in California.

Sacape2

HMMM.... i wonder if they'll let you backdate if you bought a KTM before then.

I bought mine in the last few days of February and got the vouchers in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I think it's up to KTM and how far back you bought the bike.

stevieboy

Country flag
I was reading about an Aprilia owner who was denied major warranty work after Piaggio USA took to social media and saw pictures of him at a track day. Makes me wonder why KTM would send out free vouchers to race? Wont that void your warranty? Maybe that is their plan.

Bagwell

Country flag
the bike says "ready to race" right on the dashboard. I dont think they can deny urging people to race the bikes. :)

Rexbo

Country flag
Maybe they're sending vouchers out so that everyone voids their warranties and can get denied service when the head gasket fails...

I'll find out on saturday!