Left my keys in the bike now it won't start.

robenever

Hey guys. So I went for a ride around 12pm today and came home. Shut off the bike but I accidentally left the keys in. I just noticed that the bike's switch lights were on. The battery seemed like it was dead so I left it. I went to turn it after 30 minutes and the lights came back up in the display. However, I'm getting the "engine coolant temperature high" and the bike won't start.
Any suggestions to get this bike going again??

simpletty

Country flag
Hey guys. So I went for a ride around 12pm today and came home. Shut off the bike but I accidentally left the keys in. I just noticed that the bike's switch lights were on. The battery seemed like it was dead so I left it. I went to turn it after 30 minutes and the lights came back up in the display. However, I'm getting the "engine coolant temperature high" and the bike won't start.
Any suggestions to get this bike going again??

Key off. Recharge battery with trickle charger

robenever

Did recharge. So I figured out the dial gives you all these error codes along with low battery. Just in case anyone else is wondering. Future reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazh

Same issue here, but i had some heating issues and the "high coolant temperature" came up 3 times and shut off the bike. Would restart after 10 mins or so when the bike cooled down.

I ordered the spal fan n will replace today , however last night the bike didnt start. No the battery, fuse or relay maybe? Any ideas?

Mototoro

It's really common for most vehicles (cars, boats, motos) to have weird lights and gauge readings when voltage is low. Mostly because the sensors translate their parameters in voltages. Don't ask me to explain how that works lol - but most of the Tech schools I've been to had programs that read ECU's and many of the parameters (coolant/oil temp etc) were listed as voltage ranges for the diagnostic software.

It's kind of the way you can tell voltage is an issue - if everything starts alarming and error lights go haywire without any rhyme or reason.

Also another weird fact / you can have a battery that reads good voltage and then won't pass a load test with Amps - so always get it bench tested if your having those issues and the voltage seems okay. Could be an easy fix like a new battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cachidril01

how is a spal fan compared with the original fan?

Same issue here, but i had some heating issues and the "high coolant temperature" came up 3 times and shut off the bike. Would restart after 10 mins or so when the bike cooled down.

I ordered the spal fan n will replace today , however last night the bike didnt start. No the battery, fuse or relay maybe? Any ideas?