Low Fuel Level "28 miles"

corners

When the "Low Fuel Level" message displays, right below it, is displayed "28 miles".

Does that mean the bike has an estimated 28 miles remaining before being out of gas?

Is that number automatically calculated or is it able to be changed manually?

ray

Yes, thats the distance to empty and will change depending on your riding style but please don't rely on it. Its the worst logic/system I have ever seen. Within 10 Miles it would probably show distance to empty as 0. There is something wrong with this and I don't know if KTM has fixed it with the recent batch,

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
That, and the inability to set the fuel consumption / use from Liters to Gallons, both make me nuts. Every KTM is like that tho, not just the RC. I don't anticipate they would ever fix it. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

MrGrody

When the "Low Fuel Level" message displays, right below it, is displayed "28 miles".

Does that mean the bike has an estimated 28 miles remaining before being out of gas?

Is that number automatically calculated or is it able to be changed manually?
"FTRIP" will display automatically where the odometer is and begin to show distance traveled since light was engaged. Usually I just get gas before that # hits 30 miles. Ignore the estimated miles left til E as its ridiculous. Mine has shown 65 one minute then 15 a few seconds later. Just rely on how far you've ridden and set urself a distance limit in ur head.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OldVet

I was curious how far the thing would go after it hit 0 so I put a liter of fuel in a fanny pack and roamed around close to gas stations. When it hit 0 I nursed it another 10 miles.

So basically if you let it go to zero you had better be within sight of a gas station or you’ll be walking.

Treachery

Country flag
Well, I've thought about the fuel bottle in a pack thing on this bike and the F800, but haven't done it. My RC typically goes straight to 28 to E as the first warning. I can be on that for two miles or 30. I've had it go from 28 to 45 to zero in the space of a mile or two. So, like MrGrody and others, I watch the distance I've been on the trip meter and go by that.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I was curious how far the thing would go after it hit 0 so I put a liter of fuel in a fanny pack and roamed around close to gas stations. When it hit 0 I nursed it another 10 miles.

So basically if you let it go to zero you had better be within sight of a gas station or you’ll be walking.

You have 10 liters of fuel (~2.64 gallons) so... ride until you bingo fuel, and fill up. Note how much you pump in. Do this 2-4 times. See if you are getting the same amount in each time. Then average that fill amount if it's not exactly the same, and subtract from 10 liters. Whatever that value is, is YOUR actual reserve capacity. I suspect this differs bike to bike but I also haven't opened up the tank yet to see how the sensor works. Anyway, figure out where you are hitting bingo fuel, and then correlate that to what sort of mileage you are getting. I get anywhere from 47 to 58mpg, depending on the amount of fun I'm having... Figure out your mileage based on your riding style, and do the math. This isn't rocket science. :) You then will KNOW how far you can really go, without the guesswork, and without having to risk running your injector dry.