Mileage (as in mpg/kmpl)

JKBC

Seems to be high 70's in Imperial Gallons

I haven't filled it at a gas station yet.
...I assume, although I never checked, that it was filled full at the dealership when I picked it up. In preparation to having it, and because it uses premium, I bought a 20 liter jerry can styled gas container and filled that up...maybe a bit more than 20 L. Since I've had the bike home I've been topping it up with a 5 liter gas container which I almost fill from that 20 L one because the bigger is just more heavy and awkward and the 5 liter one was recently bought for a Weedeater and it hasn't been needed for that purpose after all..

...Well today I filled the bike up and the 20 L container is now empty and the little one has about 3 liters in it...the bike should have 10 liters in it....so out of the 30 liters I started with I used 17 and the bike has 471 kilometers on it. I've been riding it in towns, fast highways and slower back-roads...a good mix as I'm breaking it in.

471 km for 17 L = 27.71 kmpl
471 km = 292.67 miles (miles are miles...no US miles and Imperial miles)
17 L = 4.49 US gallons = 3.74 Imperial gallons
...so that 17 L for 471 km = 65.18 mpg (US) or 78.25 mpg (Imperial)
I think that vehicles can get a little better mileage too after they are well broken in?
471 kms on 17 L -A.JPG471 kms on 17 L -B.jpg

Last edited:

JKBC

Is putting your mpg's on your plate a thing on Victoria island?
No but I think it gives people driving their SUV's something to think about as they drive around with only themselves in it.
Just a bit of shameless advertising for a far more economical vehicle.

JKBC

55 to 63 MPG here in California all twisty roads...
Your high of 63 mpg (US) is 75.65 Imperial mpg which is about the same as I'm getting.
This bike is saving me a lot since my Ranger's German 4.0L OHC V6 gets less than half that and being used less should be my last 4 wheeled vehicle since I'm almost 58 now.

onethump

No but I think it gives people driving their SUV's something to think about as they drive around with only themselves in it.
Just a bit of shameless advertising for a far more economical vehicle.

Ok, just wondering. You should put at hybrid sticker instead so you can park in those spaces. At least WE all small displacement owners know we're doing the right thing.

OldVet

Your high of 63 mpg (US) is 75.65 Imperial mpg which is about the same as I'm getting.
This bike is saving me a lot since my Ranger's German 4.0L OHC V6 gets less than half that and being used less should be my last 4 wheeled vehicle since I'm almost 58 now.

58 I'd kill to be 58 again, just turned 74 last month...

What I really wish is that the 390 had at least a 3 1/2 gallon tank, I hate planning rides around gas stations :mad:

Treachery

Country flag
What I really wish is that the 390 had at least a 3 1/2 gallon tank, I hate planning rides around gas stations :mad:

^^^^^
This. It does add an unfortunate element to longer rides. I plan on finding gas around 120 miles. The guess gauge has long since started complaining/forecasting doom by then.

OldVet

^^^^^
This. It does add an unfortunate element to longer rides. I plan on finding gas around 120 miles. The guess gauge has long since started complaining/forecasting doom by then.

Like you I pay no attention to the gauge and keep an eye on how many miles I've traveled and where the next station is.

JKBC

58 I'd kill to be 58 again, just turned 74 last month...

74...good for you. Well I'm 58 this coming December. Yes the tank size is like a 750 Norton Commando with the Roadster tank or a H-D Sportster (I've got one of each) but we can go a bit farther. Most of the time it doesn't matter for me but there are a few long routes I want to do on Vancouver Island where finding premium or mid-grade will be iffy for long stretches. That's why I've ordered the small jerry can I posted a thread about. A little 5L won't be too awkward (instead of a 10 or 20) and give me just enough to make a big difference. The old Commando's had the option of a 6 Imperial gallon Interstate tank which was good for well over 300 miles. I moved here from Ontario in Nov.2013...couldn't take another 4 month Siberian gulag.