Missing manual

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Did anybody else receive their bike without the owner's manual? My dealer told me they were shipped without. I'm curious if this is true?

paige

Mine did not have a manual when I picked it up at the dealer but they said they were expecting them to be delivered soon and would mail it to me when it arrived.

Ash797

I too did not receive a manual when I purchased my bike but my dealer emailed me a PDF file of the manual.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Thank you guys. I was just a little skeptical. They did email me the pdf version for now.Ed, I picked my bike up Tuesday, right in the thick of that downpour. I waited at the dealership as long as I could, then headed home fast! I didn't ride it home, thank goodness.

Treachery

Country flag
Same here; .pdf only...That's pretty useful, and doesn't flop closed on ya. :rolleyes: I still want the printed one.

JKBC

Same here, no manual but I did get a big KTM-badged zippered binder-like thing with the 2015 KTM Powerwear catalog, a KTM pen, dealer business cards, etc and I guess a spot for the manual when-ever I/we get it. Did you all get that too at least? I'm guessing the rest of the world outside of Canada and the USA got an owners manual with the bike and we have to wait for one because of the minor details of our US DOT approved bikes was enough for KTM to decide we shouldn't get the 'world' manual. These bikes have only been available to us for a few weeks now.

Matt

Same here, no manual been available to us for a few weeks now.

That sounds exactly like what I got and yes, no owners manual however it is available somewhere on this forum in a PDF which is a must have!

My dealer said he will mail it out to me as soon as he gets them which I hope is true because it really comes in handy when you're working on the bike referencing a physical book rather than like a laptop- I even write notes and tips for myself on the servicing pages. If anyone knows the status of the US owner's manuals please let us know?

emeglasson

I didn't receive a printed manual when I bought the bike at the beginning of April, but it showed up at the dealer today.

Treachery

Country flag
Same here, no manual but I did get a big KTM-badged zippered binder-like thing with the 2015 KTM Powerwear catalog, a KTM pen, dealer business cards, etc and I guess a spot for the manual when-ever I/we get it. Did you all get that too at least? I'm guessing the rest of the world outside of Canada and the USA got an owners manual with the bike and we have to wait for one because of the minor details of our US DOT approved bikes was enough for KTM to decide we shouldn't get the 'world' manual. These bikes have only been available to us for a few weeks now.
Yep, that's what I got. Impressive, except that the PowerWear catalog was 2014...:( There was a RC/Duke 390 specific PowerParts catalog.

I figure the dealer will have mine about the time I show up for the 600mile service.

Last edited:

JKBC

Yep, that's what I got. Impressive, except that the PowerWear catalog was 2014...:( There was a RC/Duke 390 specific PowerParts catalog.

I figure the dealer will have mine about the time I show up for the 600mile service.
This ISSUU - KTM PowerWear 2015 EN by KTM Sportmotorcycle GmbH is the 2015 KTM Powerwear catalog but it does have 2014 on the back cover. Yes I got the PowerParts catalog too and the KTM toolkit for the bike fits in it too since there's no dedicated place to put it on the bike. The dealer assured me that I will get an owner's manual whenever they finally get them. Much thanks to whoever posted the manual that is here. I set my shift light to come on at 7,350 rpm for the break-in period easily following how it said to adjust it and that light is quite noticeable even if you've got your eyes on the road ahead.

micah360

my manual came in the mail (from the dealer) yesterday too.

20r19j9.jpg

JKBC

Got mine in the mail today (June 4) but I got the 390 Duke US one :(
and I see in the above post's photo that an RC 390 US one exists. Guess I'll email the dealer and maybe include a link to this page.
The RC 390 owners manual probably shows how to remove the bodywork for oil changes, etc which would be helpful.
390 Duke owners manual-June 4, 2015.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Mine came in a couple weeks ago. To be honest, I have the .pdf version saved in iBooks on the iPad. Works a treat