Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Alright folks, set your calendars!!! Friday evening, April 8th, 2016! For those who will be in Austin for the US MotoGP round, we here at Formula390 will be hosting an Open House / Party!!!!

We will have: Girls, Music, Girls, Texas BBQ, Girls, Racers and Racebikes, Girls, Bonfire, Girls, Big Assed Machine Tools, Girls, Door Prizes, Girls, Party Games, and did I mention GIRLS!

Vyper.jpg

Party games and door prizes will stat after dark, which is about the time we'll also fire up the bonfire.

The dancing girls / hostesses will be being provided by Vyper Lily from club Sugars. Not to fear, it'll be 99% family friendly, so your girlfriends and wives can come along too.

Racers and Racebikes for KTM racers and Formula390 Sponsored Racers and racebikes should also be in attendance...
motogp-moto3.jpg

So if you are in town for the races, and are looking for something to do that Friday Evening... c'mon by Formula390! See the shop, introduce yourself, pig out on BBQ, play along in the Cowboy themed party games, and chat up the cute cowgirls and umbrella girl hostesses by the bonfire.
cowgirl_bonfire.jpg

It's gonna be a fabulous evening! :)

Last edited:

RobbiRob76

I may come to COTA for work related issues? If so, I would love to come by and meet in person. I think we may be able to cross promote down the road, if this is something that interest you.
Regards,
Robbi

ray

Sounds fantastic! You guys have a blast this year! Ill try to make it the next time :D

Seth

Country flag
MOTOGP! I will see you all at the open house party on April 8th!

Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Party preparation is going strong! The Smoker for the BBQ is built, test run complete, and it's ready for making a HUGE amount of meat for the party.

smoker.jpg

The "adult sized bouncy balls" have just been ordered for the freestyle rodeo, and races!
bouncy_ball.jpg

The firepit will be welded up next week. :)

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just a reminder that the MotoGP Weekend Party / Formula390 Open House is in 6 days!!! Party prep has been going for months now, but it's the final stages of preparation now!!! Yesterday the primary frame for the fire pit got welded up, and Teh Wifey is busily planning where the party lights will be hung. I even got the PortaPotty ordered up yesterday, and confirmed on the party gals who will be here to help with hosting the event. I'm very much looking forward to the MotoGP Weekend, and any fellow forum members (or general KTM owners) who will be in town to come out, have some Texas BBQ, enjoy the fun, and meet your fellow 390 owners. Should make for a wonderful and fun evening! :)
rc1.jpg

As for the details of WHERE to go, the address for Formula390 is:
801 Dripping Springs Ranch Road
Dripping Springs, TX 78620

I'm intending to put up a LOT of Orange Balloons along the path once you leave the highway, but here's some salient details on location and directions.
The Ranch is located about 24 miles SW of downtown Austin, and ~32 miles from the track. To get here:
Head WEST on Highway 290
Turn SOUTH (left) at Sunset Canyon Drive
In 2 miles, there's a stop sign, proceed forward.
There is a gate into the area, and I intend to leave the gate open, but JUST IN CASE the gate code is: 1342
Proceed through the gate, down a slight hill, over the bridge, up the hill which sweeps to the left, and keep LEFT (aka DON'T take Cattle Trail Drive)
There's an 801 on the Fence in the Cul-De-Sac. Head UP the blacktop, and keep RIGHT at the Y.
You'll drive past and around the house, and the Shop is behind and to the left of the main house.
4 Wheeled Vehicles can park any ol place. Bikes park by the Shop.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cir...ngs+Ranch+Rd,+Dripping+Springs,+TX+78620,+USA

...and, if you are planning on coming and haven't yet, please RSVP over on the Formula390 Facebook Event. :)
MotoGP Weekend Open House
Folks have RSVPd here, as well as emails and PM, but it helps coordinate, plus then as photos from the event get posted folks can see a link there. :)

motorcycleboy-albums-ktm+rc+390+abs+test-picture3201-need-practice-those-standing-wheelies.jpg

green_bread

Country flag
Unfortunately, Im not going to be able to leave Missouri until late on Friday afternoon and its a 12 hour drive for us to get down to Austin. Looks like Im going to miss out on this event. Was really looking forward to it, too!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Sorry to hear you'll be delayed and can't make it. If you want you can call and maybe I can show you the shop after before you head home... Or there's always next year. My plan is to do this every time any big bike races come to COTA here in Austin! :)

ps I'm firing up the smoker in 45 minutes! Looking forward top to seeing everyone else later today! :)

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
A sneak peak for those coming to the Open House MotoGP party at the Formula390 ranch tonight...
5d023287c458e1315201b4faa70da198.jpg

I was up at 5:30am lighting the smoker fire... Brisket went on at 6. Turkeys go on at 11, ribs go on at 2.
937697cd9737137f259853fb94f4e197.jpg

Dinner is served at 7. Folks can arrive any time, but official start time is 6pm. Looking forward to meeting forum members and hearing all about how testing at COTA went today. :)

tecknojoe

Country flag
Thanks a lot for having my gf and me. We enjoyed the food, shop tour, people, and getting an inside look at the business. I'm glad I got to get my hands on some parts and talk about what went into them, good stuff. I don't think people, especially new KTM owners, will fully understand how good it is to have such easy access to good parts and service. Now if only I didn't buy a bunch of $10 beers at COTA I'd have some cash left for more carbon fiber :). Wish we could have stayed longer but we were completely exhausted and had 3 more days of waking up at 5am ahead.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just finished another 14 hour drive and I'm gonna go sleep until thursday