Ordering Missing Parts

Having trouble finding a clear answer on this from searching the forum and looking through the owner's manual. One of the side cover screws - the lowest one, on the white part of the fairing, with a black, beveled washer - has disappeared. The manual has a list of every screw and its torque value, but does not describe the type of screw or how to find a replacement part.

Is there a good catalogue or online resource where I can locate specific screws, bolts, etc. and order replacements?

I could, of course, take the right side cover screw off and try to find a match in a hardware store, but I am looking for an expedient/lazy solution.

Thanks!

Fasteddy

Country flag
http://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com

WASHER GFN
90808043001BOLT SOCKET M6X1XL

Tryed to cut and paste from web page....

londor

Yea don't EVER put a bolt back in the engine case. PERIOD.
Doesn't matter if its new. WHY?
Its super quick to air wrench a hardened steel bolt into butter soft
alloy. Its CHEAP. (CRAP) However itrs essentialy a self tapping screw.
Probably sooner than later one of those bolts will snap off inside the alloy case.

VW/Porsche understood better than anyone how to build these types of engines.
Anytime you remove a hardened steel bolt, replace it with a stud with washer, lockwasher,and nut.
The stud remains in the engine. That butter alloy never has to be "tapped".
Bolt cant break off in your case because the stud NEVER turns. IT stays in the case,cover etc.
How many times can you R&R a grade 10 bolt into butter? once sure NP. Twice? uhh roll the dice.
Get studs IE Threaded rod or get good bolts and cut the head off (hex etc)
Itll hold WAY better. Maybe say double the torque values. but keep it to say 10-20% more.
Now you can R&R these parts,covers et al as much as you want. Worst thing that can happen
is strip the butter alloy. But youll never have a bolt break off in your case.

If you ignore this advice, well... heh Just cuz xyz factory does it doesnt make it proper.
Its just the cheapest, quickest way to slap it together.

Aircraft engines, Old VW/Porsche designed and built this way. Follow their example.
Class Dismissed.

Yea don't EVER put a bolt back in the engine case. PERIOD.
Doesn't matter if its new. WHY?
Its super quick to air wrench a hardened steel bolt into butter soft
alloy. Its CHEAP. (CRAP) However itrs essentialy a self tapping screw.
Probably sooner than later one of those bolts will snap off inside the alloy case.

VW/Porsche understood better than anyone how to build these types of engines.
Anytime you remove a hardened steel bolt, replace it with a stud with washer, lockwasher,and nut.
The stud remains in the engine. That butter alloy never has to be "tapped".
Bolt cant break off in your case because the stud NEVER turns. IT stays in the case,cover etc.
How many times can you R&R a grade 10 bolt into butter? once sure NP. Twice? uhh roll the dice.
Get studs IE Threaded rod or get good bolts and cut the head off (hex etc)
Itll hold WAY better. Maybe say double the torque values. but keep it to say 10-20% more.
Now you can R&R these parts,covers et al as much as you want. Worst thing that can happen
is strip the butter alloy. But youll never have a bolt break off in your case.

If you ignore this advice, well... heh Just cuz xyz factory does it doesnt make it proper.
Its just the cheapest, quickest way to slap it together.

Aircraft engines, Old VW/Porsche designed and built this way. Follow their example.
Class Dismissed.

What?

I find it easy to use Bike Bandit on-line, may take a couple of weeks but I got OEM parts.

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2015-ktm-rc-390-white-abs-b-d/o/m156775#sch896529

Thank you!

http://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com

WASHER GFN
90808043001BOLT SOCKET M6X1XL

Tryed to cut and paste from web page....

Great site, thanks!

motoputz

Country flag
you can buy better quality M6 fasteners from the local hardware store or on line from McMaster Carr. I changed out all of my faring fasteners once I noticed the stock ones rounding their edges after taking the faring off a couple of times.