Question about swapping out LED's for headlights

newuser

[h=2]I'm not sure where to post this so I will try here too: Hi everyone! I recently purchased a used 2015 rc390 with only 1400miles on the clock (previous owner was a 75yr old)! When swapping out the stock bulbs for some LED's, I noticed some clearance issues with a little tube just to the side of the rear of the projector housings (I believe it is for venting). In some LED swapping videos (ie Hard racing's kit) they just remove the little vent covers and don't put them back on, leaving it open to the elements. Is there a downside to this/has anyone had any negative experiences with permanently removing those little caps? Also, I've run this little guy around town a little bit, and the fan kicks on to keep the coolant below the line (runs about 8-9 bars). I'm assuming this is normal but should I swap out for better coolant to try and mitigate the risk of a headgasket failure?Thanks for any advice ya'll have for me! I love this little bike! cheers![/h]

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
LED Headlights: For the lights, any removal of the cover risks getting water in there. You need to judge for yourself how much of a risk that might be for your bike. Would -=I=- do it... no. But that's ME. You need to do what's right for YOU. Personally tho, that approach to the kit always made me rather nervous. I can't see releasing any product that could adversely impact a customers bike. That's just ME, again.

Temperature: These bikes indicate hot on the dash far sooner than people expect and associate the fan kicking on with being "too hot". They all do it tho. KTM would have been better to set the standard temp in the middle of the gauge as people expect it to be. It's just part of the wacko that is KTM tho.