Diploman

The shock looks to be in very good condition - although you can't really tell until you try it on the road (or on the test bench) whether it needs rebuilding. Mine looked a little more tired than this one, but it is working impeccably without rebuilding.

You could try using the stock R6 spring, but since it was designed to work with w lever - instead of a direct connection on the 390 - it has a lower spring rate (9.8 kg/mm) than what is required to get proper sag on the 390 (typically 11.6kg/mm). Some have tried using the stock spring and found it acceptable for light-duty use, but likely you will want to change out the yellow spring for something heavier.

simpletty

Country flag
The shock looks to be in very good condition - although you can't really tell until you try it on the road (or on the test bench) whether it needs rebuilding. Mine looked a little more tired than this one, but it is working impeccably without rebuilding.

You could try using the stock R6 spring, but since it was designed to work with w lever - instead of a direct connection on the 390 - it has a lower spring rate (9.8 kg/mm) than what is required to get proper sag on the 390 (typically 11.6kg/mm). Some have tried using the stock spring and found it acceptable for light-duty use, but likely you will want to change out the yellow spring for something heavier.

image.jpg

I already have one installed. This was an extra I had on hand. I don't need it since the one I have is perfect