Race Bike Conversion - Lots of 2 mile OEM Parts!

Hey all, I'm helping a friend convert his brand new RC390 in to a race bike. As such there are lots of OEM parts with about 2 miles of use on them and that's it! They are located in Los Angeles but I am willing to work out shipping with you. We can try to find the cheapest option to get a given part safely to you.

So, let's been honest here... who's put their ride down and wants to get back to nice and shiny? All prices are OBO and I have tons of pictures of each part. PM me!

Left rear set with shift lever and shift rod - $100
Right rear set without brake lever - $100
Front fork reflectors - $5
Rear fender without signals - Just cover shipping.
Front cowling (both plastics under windscreen)- $50
Headlight bulb (x2) with housing and running lights - $120 total.
Stock windscreen - $20
Front turn signals - $20
Front running lights - $20
Passenger foot pegs - $30 total
Front fender - $70
OEM brake rotor - $80
Left handlebar w/ bar end and grip - $25
Left handlebar controls - $20
Right handlebar w/ ber end - $25
Horn - just pay shipping.

Last edited:

big_sur

You should check OEM prices, you're more expensive than buying new from the dealer. It's a cheap beginner bike with cheap parts.

Really? I tried using eBay to gauge how much parts should cost and put prices lower than that. For instance I'm seeing $200 for headlights + running lights on ebay whereas I'm asking $140 for those. $30 for a brake light where I'm asking the same for brake light with surrounded plastics (I should note that in the original post).

I just lowered prices on basically everything. I didn't think the numbers were that high!

edit: looking at Bike Bandit i'm seeing $35 per turn signal, $190 for both headlight bulbs, $315 for a triple w/bars vs $95 total from me, $55 per mirror and $43 windscreen. My local dealer always almost same pricing as Bike Bandit.

Last edited:

big_sur

I just casually glanced and saw the brake rotor which I happened to look up the other day at $86 new. I know I was pretty surprised at how cheap the parts for this bike are, especially if you've ever bought parts for other KTM street bikes.

psych0hans

Country flag
Guys, don't you think it would be more productive, that if you don't like his prices you either : -
1) don't buy from him.
2) send him a pm with your bet offer

so much easier...

Those things are nice but if my prices are high it's also good to know so that I can adjust accordingly. These guys are just trying to help out.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Bumping - if it's listed it's still for sale! PM me with offers!

Some of those parts also will have other used parts from similar builds impacting used (even two mile) values... The OEM rear shock for example isn't anything more than a paper weight. I bled off the nitrogen charge and put mine in my metal recycle bin. The scrap steel price at $0.08/lb is about all it's worth.

Considering how long I've been holding on rear shocks for my other bikes I pretty much figure 'paper weight' is a very accurate term..

That's a great point. If your rearsets/headlights/brake light ever fall in to a volcano in Studio City I've got the parts for you!

stevieboy

Country flag
Wish I had seen this before I bought my used top triple tree. Re-worked for real clip-ons. Yours is a better value.