Radiator fan issue

rudra2k14

Yesterday my bike gone high coolant temp, the fan didn't ran. (Stock) coolant overflowed and its gone below the level. Now from today i noticed the fan kicking late at high temp (Check the attachment).

Is the thermostat gone?

NEED HELP!!!

Attachments

• 12544752_175221342834753_1336559757_o.jpg
    12544752_175221342834753_1336559757_o.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,093

Diploman

Radiator fan failure has been a rather common problem on 2015 390's in North America, and it is likely the same issue is occurring elsewhere. Fortunately, the fix is relatively easy and inexpensive. Read this thread from the Duke forum and it will tell you all you need to know about installing a reliable fan.
Spal Fan Instal How To - KTM Duke 390 Forum

Also, the coolant overflow problem can be addressed by simply replacing the stock radiator cap with a higher-pressure (1.6 bar) aftermarket radiator cap.

If your fan is still working, but not switching on until the temperature has gone too high, then that might well be a problem with the thermostat, as you speculate. It should be easy to obtain a new thermostat from your local KTM dealer and change it yourself, but I suggest installing a better fan and radiator cap first.

rudra2k14

Radiator fan failure has been a rather common problem on 2015 390's in North America, and it is likely the same issue is occurring elsewhere. Fortunately, the fix is relatively easy and inexpensive. Read this thread from the Duke forum and it will tell you all you need to know about installing a reliable fan.
Spal Fan Instal How To - KTM Duke 390 Forum

Also, the coolant overflow problem can be addressed by simply replacing the stock radiator cap with a higher-pressure (1.6 bar) aftermarket radiator cap.

If your fan is still working, but not switching on until the temperature has gone too high, then that might well be a problem with the thermostat, as you speculate. It should be easy to obtain a new thermostat from your local KTM dealer and change it yourself, but I suggest installing a better fan and radiator cap first.

My bike is under warranty

Ryanthegreat1

I don't see anything wrong with the picture? Is the fan running at that temp? That is about the normal operating range on the temperature gauge.

MotoKam

My bike is under warranty

Screw the warranty. All they will do is put in a new fan that will also fail.

I did the SPAL upgrade and my overheating problems were cured immediately. The work took me 2 hours and cost about $100.

Here in California, I routinely ride in city traffic in temperatures over 100 degrees F. Before the upgrade the thing overheated and shut off three times. After the fix, I can feel the hot air being pushed through at stop lights and the temp gauge never gets close to the top.

ray

Just get it checked at the service center and replace any parts under warranty. Radiator fan issue hasn't been so widespread in India fortunately.

mubbsdio

Yesterday my bike gone high coolant temp, the fan didn't ran. (Stock) coolant overflowed and its gone below the level. Now from today i noticed the fan kicking late at high temp (Check the attachment).

Is the thermostat gone?

NEED HELP!!!

My bike has the same problem!!
And i was changed themostate,relay,coolant and oil.
Even then problem not solved.
Plss Help!!

mubbsdio

Is the thermostat gone?

NEED HELP!!!

My bike has the same problem!!
And i was changed themostate,relay,coolant and oil.
Even then problem not solved.