rc 390 decals measurement

kayu

Does anyone have the complete measurement for decals? I would like to make a custom decals for my rc. The race type decals is not available here in malaysia. Greatly appreciated if someone could provide me with the complete measurement of the decals

ray

I am having a guy make the ADAC themed wrap for me. I can get you the rough measurements then.

Last edited:

fs1ephil

Does anyone have the complete measurement for decals? I would like to make a custom decals for my rc. The race type decals is not available here in malaysia. Greatly appreciated if someone could provide me with the complete measurement of the decals

Phi Kayu
I no this post is a bit old now but just in case are you going to be cutting your own decals with a computer cutter?
if so you can do what I did to make some decals for my RC.
I used the clear decal application tape, here's a picture.
image.jpg My clear application tape is that big roll on the left.
i cut a piece of this clear application tape and lay it on the bike where the decal will be. I then used a permanent marker to
draw the outline of the panel on this tape, remove the tape and place it onto a plain piece of paper. I then scan to my PC and using my cutter software outline the image to produce the panel shape ready for placing images for eg Ktm logo etc inside this scanned image.
i can then put all my logos inside and cut.
when my cutter has finished I weed out all vinyl that's not needed and then apply my application tape.
the decals will all be arranged and will fit straight onto the panel in one go.
Hard to write exactly what I mean but if you need any advice p.m or post. :)
Heres an easy carbon fibre tank decal I've done on my bike.
picture doesn't do it justice lol
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 5,245
Last edited:

Arahant

Country flag
I would love to get measurements if someoone has them, I was also thinking about getting a custum bike wrap, or buying some vinyl myself and experimenting... I seen a duke wrapped in gold/black that kinda looked cool

ToraTora

Country flag
Yeah it would be great if there was Illustrator vector art for the panel shapes. Then it would be easy to use vinyl cutters/printers for custom RC graphics.

DCMoney

Country flag
I do custom decals, shirts and glasses on the side.

I have my fairings off right now might snap a pics of it and replicate it to do like Tora mentioned.

KTM's logo is easily found online as an .eps or .ai no need to trace it.

FYI, KTM is quick to jump on people selling counterfeit items, so watch yourselves.

ToraTora

Country flag
Vector art would be a huge boon. Even if it's just the shapes of the panels. With places like TechShop around people can go in and make custom graphics so easily these days. Just work it out in Illustrator (or your favorite vector app), take it to your local shop, or TechShop, and you have a totally custom bike. The RC with its Lotus Esprit origami like surfaces makes for one fine canvas. :cool:

RCinBC

Country flag
i know this is a necro-bump, but after much digging for custom decals and coming up empty handed, I took the plunge and templated the whole bike myself. I then created my own artwork for the shapes I wanted and had a shop print it out. Super happy with the results, there were a couple spots that were a bit harder that i thought especially having previously wrapped my car, but I guess the material was the difference.

20170709_235248.jpg

CDN Duke

Country flag
Meant to ask first time I saw it - well done for custom graphics. Assumed it was a kit I hadn't seen previously.

RCinBC

Country flag
thanks, it took way too long to do, prob about 30 hrs, but at least I have a completely individual RC now

mdabyo

Country flag
if anyone has a windscreen decal and wants to snap a pic of it before they apply it so i can measure off it to make my own screen decal is possible. :)

KTManny

i know this is a necro-bump, but after much digging for custom decals and coming up empty handed, I took the plunge and templated the whole bike myself. I then created my own artwork for the shapes I wanted and had a shop print it out. Super happy with the results, there were a couple spots that were a bit harder that i thought especially having previously wrapped my car, but I guess the material was the difference.

View attachment 4119

Bike looks sick! Post more pics when you get a minute :cool: