RC Cup Engine Case Sliders??

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The cup bikes don't come with them on it or in crate. Not sure where they came from. Sold 3 cups none had those...

#133 is Grayson Gerloff MotoAmerica number. If that's his bike and you could find his email, I'd bet he would tell you where they got them

Grayson sent me a message that the orange protectors were handed out to all the cup racers track side by KTM. He suggests checking with your KTM dealer...

Ash797

"90812964044 – Ignition Cover $89.99
90812965044 – Clutch Cover $89.99

You will also need to have the dealer order the gaskets for those covers."

I got this from a fellow CMRA racer here in Texas

Treachery

Country flag
The KTM pieces are more sliders than covers. The statement about gaskets suggests they mount in between the block and the engine side cover?

ASM

"90812964044 – Ignition Cover $89.99
90812965044 – Clutch Cover $89.99

You will also need to have the dealer order the gaskets for those covers."

I got this from a fellow CMRA racer here in Texas

The KTM pieces are more sliders than covers. The statement about gaskets suggests they mount in between the block and the engine side cover?

I looked them up today and the description says they are guards. However, KTM doesn't have pictures for them. Ash797, any way you have access to detailed pictures?

Since I don't see any obvious mounting points on the outside for them, I assume the need for the gaskets comes from them being mounted from the inside of the cover...

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have them. They fit over the cases and they fit fine with the race belly pan.

FOS: How do they attach? It seems like they are clamping between the stock cover and then fitting over the outside. That seems like it would not only require an additional gasket (one between the case and the slider, and then another between the slider and the cover.

No problem. Just debating whether I take the $200 gamble. Might talk to Woodcraft to see whether they are working on some as well...

I've got the prototype completed for my Heavy Duty Case Covers. They would replace the stock covers entirely and have both thicker side walls and outside face.

I haven't announced any products ACTUALLY for sale as of yet because I've been forced into waiting on my updated business insurance to finalize with the underwriters. My agent FREAKED THE **** OUT when I called them with the change in business name. They asked why the name changed (from MidnightFantasy Fabrication to Formula390) so I mentioned that instead of doing general Job Shop machining, I was changing to specialize in the KTM RC390 motorcycle. Apparently all was just fine where I would machine ANYTHING (from custom 1 off parts to repairs of tractors) and they were Just Fine with it, but when I said I'm SPECIALIZING in Motorcycle (OMGWTF!!!) parts, they lost their minds. So, the agent and underwriter are forcing a change on my policy, and my insurance rates are going to go up IF they even decide to keep me as an insured customer... which may force me to find a completely new insurance underwriter. {sigh}

barryc

The most accurate word out there is that these case guards are a KTM factory support item. Not orderable. You'll have to go to an event where the factory Team or support team is participating and walk over to the team tent...talk to a mechanic...and he'll likely hand you a set. I've been seeking them as well for quite some time. I missed Austin MotoGp this year....I'm looking forward to the World Superbike event at Laguna S. Any MotoAmerica event should also have the team there.