RC390 Wiring diagram- RPM signal and coil wires

karolHRC

Country flag
Hello everyone!
I'he been searching for a long, but i got nothing. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram for RC390?
I need this 2 things:
-where to find wire with rpm signal (which plug and wire colour)
-which wire is + and - on coil / spark plug

Need this to install quickshifter :)

Thank You in advance for help :)

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Wiring diagrams (9 pages) are in the Workshop Service Manual.

From the 2016 Workshop Service Manual:

Coil: orange/white is positive; black is negative.

Crankshaft position sensor wires are white/red and black/yellow; they run from the left engine case to the ECU, with a disconnect plug located on the left side, below the fuel tank, near the valve cover. You can get to the plug it by removing the left fairing.
The sensor itself is inside the left cover, above the flywheel.

Attachments

• Crank position sensor.JPG
    Crank position sensor.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 36

karolHRC

Country flag
Thank You for reply, i will manage with coil. There could be a problem with RPM signal, i need 1 wire, where this signal is transmitted. My QS is a handmade one, now i have it installed on my CBR600RR. It need a wire to count rpm and establish killtime. Is there any wire like this? :) Sorry for my poor English, hope that You will understand :)

Fasteddy

Country flag
RPM voltage source = black wire that connects the ECU to the Combo instrument, pin 8 combo / pin 2 LCU, provides an analog voltage that represents the engine RPM.

DAVETHERAVE

Country flag
Hello Everyone, I have an RC that has a kill switch problem, dash says 'KILL SWITCH' and nothing else happens, I have fitted a new switch gear to right side. I can't connect diagnostic because of the kill switch issue I have searched everywhere but found nothing So hopefully someone here might have the answer ???

slashfive

Country flag
Want to confirm I have the correct black wire to install a shift light pro. There appear to be 2 disconnects with black wires coming off the harness from the instrument cluster. A six wire plug and one with about 20. Any suggestions???

will take the +/- from the coil.

thanks.

Attachments

• 058DCE08-49DB-4AFA-BFA9-50D9EF60F46B.jpeg
    058DCE08-49DB-4AFA-BFA9-50D9EF60F46B.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 19

Icehax

Country flag
RPM voltage source = black wire that connects the ECU to the Combo instrument, pin 8 combo / pin 2 LCU, provides an analog voltage that represents the engine RPM.
I can't find this on the shop manual's wiring diagrams... where is this located exactly? Do i have to remove the whole dashboard to get to it?

Fasteddy

Country flag
I can't find this on the shop manual's wiring diagrams... where is this located exactly? Do i have to remove the whole dashboard to get to it?
This info is based on earlier model 2015 / 2016, not sure if it is same on newer models, LCU is called out as A53 on page 8 of 9 on diagram and is located on left side of bike on frame near battery box.

Icehax

Country flag
This info is based on earlier model 2015 / 2016, not sure if it is same on newer models, LCU is called out as A53 on page 8 of 9 on diagram and is located on left side of bike on frame near battery box.
Yeah it looks like they changed it completely cause in the diagrams there is no A53 anymore nor is there a separate light control unit but just one big block named "dashboard". I have a 2018 model.

sumit9246

Country flag
Is there any other way to pick up rpm signal on a ktm (in my case an RC 200)? What kind of signal is given out from the negative terminal of the ignition coil? is it also a 12v pulsating signal? I've seen some people using that terminal to hook up an external tachometer in various cars. Please help me out! I'm trying to make a sequential shift light using Arduino and pixel LEDs.

sumit9246

Country flag
are there any other ways to get RPM signal? Apart from the wire coil on the spark plug cable technique.
Is there any other terminal/wire that I can tap..?