Rear tire feels washy

So I'm new to the RC 390...I bought one off the showroom floor 0 miles...Well that was last week. I've since put 170ish miles on it and today I noticed that while riding it seems washy...Almost as if the tire was bald. Any info as to why it feels this way? Is it normal?

psych0hans

Country flag
I'm glad someone posted this, as I was having the same issue after I switched to a 140/70 pilot street radial rear tire.

Maddog Reynolds

Mine felt weird when I had a slow puncture. As pressure dropped by about 5 psi it was obviously wrong.

I also had an odd feeling when I had a rear tyre fitted and they turned one adjuster more than the other, leaving the rear wheel slightly crooked! I fixed that myself, lining up the wheel by eye :)

unicorn_violence

Ok I'll check the pressure...Seems it only happens after riding for a bit.

keep in mind the tire gets warmer when you start riding around. if your pressure is really high to start, it will only get higher as the ride progresses. then your tire wont conform to the road as much, leaving a smaller contact patch

Tried to post earlier...Checked tire pressure and found them at like 40psi...Adjusted and went riding...Handles/feels like a whole different machine...Lower on the corners no slipping...Thanks for the info and advise.

psych0hans

Country flag
Tried to post earlier...Checked tire pressure and found them at like 40psi...Adjusted and went riding...Handles/feels like a whole different machine...Lower on the corners no slipping...Thanks for the info and advise.

Yeah, too much air will do that to a tire, glad you figured it out...