Replacement Fairings

Dick_Justice

Does anybody know where I can buy a set of BLACK fairings? I want to keep my stock ones white so I can change them out when I get bored of the look.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Gotcha. Well I have fiberglass panels. They have a white primer, and the fiberglass itself is also white. The obvious answer that comes to mind then would be to paint the parts. Almost every auto paint supplier store these days well will provide an aerosol can with color match quality paint, so you can get much higher quality paint than regular rattlercan hardware store varieties. It wouldn't look quite as good as off using professional spray equipment, but it's much easier and cheaper, especially for small parts like ours, vs a whole car, for example.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket black panels. Any that would be available, would be painted almost certainly also. If this is something you are very uncomfortable doing, you could ask around at local auto paint shops what a quote would be to shoot your parts while they are already painting something else you ordered color. Means you may have to wait a bit, or pay more to get them done sooner. Or, as I mentioned, shoot them yourself. It's not too terrible of a job. The biggest problem is just creating your "paint booth" where there's no interfering wind, bugs, dust, etc... That tends to be the route most racers go with that I know. Or cover the whole thing in sponsor stickers.

RobbiRob76

Gotcha. Well I have fiberglass panels. They have a white primer, and the fiberglass itself is also white. The obvious answer that comes to mind then would be to paint the parts. Almost every auto paint supplier store these days well will provide an aerosol can with color match quality paint, so you can get much higher quality paint than regular rattlercan hardware store varieties. It wouldn't look quite as good as off using professional spray equipment, but it's much easier and cheaper, especially for small parts like ours, vs a whole car, for example.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket black panels. Any that would be available, would be painted almost certainly also. If this is something you are very uncomfortable doing, you could ask around at local auto paint shops what a quote would be to shoot your parts while they are already painting something else you ordered color. Means you may have to wait a bit, or pay more to get them done sooner. Or, as I mentioned, shoot them yourself. It's not too terrible of a job. The biggest problem is just creating your "paint booth" where there's no interfering wind, bugs, dust, etc... That tends to be the route most racers go with that I know. Or cover the whole thing in sponsor stickers.

Ask someone in your area who does Vinyl Wraps. I ran a automated paint department for 20 years and supplied Ford, Chrysler GM, Honda, and Toyota... The easiest least expensive and time saving way is to vinyl wrap. You can do anything from Matte Black, Gloss Black, or even a Black Chrome. Inexpensive and done in probably an hour....

unicorn_violence

if i remember correctly, if you can find a replacement cup bike faring, it will be black. however, if your streeting the bike, you will need to improvise a way to attach the turn signals since the cup fairings don't have the holes. i found them on a website awhile ago but i cant remember which one. or.... you could just plastidip your current fairings black! the stuff is easy to use and you can always peel off the dip when you don't want it to be black anymore. the stuff is magic! ive used it on my jeep and Big_sur has used it on his RC390.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
The RC 125/200 fairings are black. But you'd need to find a way to import them. I did a little research awhile back as I was wanting the white undertail. I ended up painting mine.