Rider size??

Bellyflier

Hello Everyone! Considering looking into the 390rc. I have read and heard that the bike is very tall. I'm 5'6" does this work at stock height. Thanks

hamishl

Country flag
I'm 5'7" and can't get both feet flat when stationary, but that doesn't cause me any problems (unless I lose my balance at low speed)

zaster

Country flag
You should be OK. The bike is light enough to where you won't get in trouble
even if you can't get both of your feet flat on the ground.
Just watch out for lose and uneven surfaces.
Stop by your dealer and sit on one to get a feel for it.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I'm 6'3" but have a 32" inseam. The wife is 5'7" and has a 32" inseam. I'm all torso, she's all legs. Both of us can flat foot the bike, no problem. With the stock suspension, depending on your weight and how you have the preload setup, you may or may not be able to flat foot with both feed, but really, you only need to be able to tippy toe one foot. Hell, on my dirtbike I can't even do that! I have to hang a cheek off and stretch down to the ground with one toe... if the wind blows me hard enough and I get pushed to the other side I have to hustle and change cheeks and get the other toe down in time.

It's not about if you can get a foot (or feet) down, it's how are you with handling not being able to flat foot with both feet. If you are a total newblette rider with no experience it's a great bike to ride, but you may have to learn how to do the seat hustle sooner than later. Accept that as a newblette rider, you are GOING to drop the bike. Period. We -=ALL=- did. Didn't matter if we could flat foot or not. They all went down... eventually. So just accept that it's GOING to happen, and get to what matters, the riding.

You need to go test sit bikes, but also remember that how a bike feels with you sitting on it in a showroom or in a parking lot, is NOTHING like what it's like under power driving hard out of a turn, or droning on along the highway.... and you spend FAR more time at speed, than at stoplights!

Metals 907

I agree with Formula390 on this one. Having a 30" inseam myself I grew up hanging a leg when starting and stopping. More consideration for uneven , slick, and sloped surfaces just need to be taken into consideration. Dropping a bike happens, it isn't the end of the world ( bikes are thougher than you think). You'll find that the narrowness of the 390 makes up for it's taller seat hight. The low center of gravity combined with the light weight make this bike a dream to pick up ( I have experience).

Treachery

Country flag
^^^^^

The last two posts.

5'7"-ish, 29+" inseam. I don't pay the bike's saddle height any attention. My D675 was taller (and heavier, even though it's a pretty light supersport), so this bike is a feather.

simpletty

Country flag
5' 7" 220lbs shoulders 50, chest 48 inseam 27" waist. 36" arm 18.5" i tend to topple over like a bobble head. funny thing is arm length is same as bicep...

OldVet

The 390 has a 32.28 inch seat height if that helps any... I have a 30 inch inseam and can flat foot it...