Shout out to CJWells and Com. Moto

dobr

Took my rc390 down to be dynotuned yesterday. My bike is pretty much stock. K&N filter with the lid off. It ended up with 41.5hp and a really nice curve. I rode it about 120 miles this morning and couldn't be happier.
6fd7b3b570e0a152fbabaa1abe3ca541.jpg

Significant difference in the mid range!

The biggest thing I noticed was my fuel mileage. 111 miles and I burned 1.8 gallons. That's 61.6 mpg! I was really impressed with that.
d428bab62f534d07aa04e2ea04ebba9d.jpg

172766d370d56656c2b5a87d24551711.jpg

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Great! Glad you are liking it. It did turn out well for just the filter and lid mod tuned. It was even on the stock map in ecu.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yes I do. Only mods were k&n air filter and lid off, everything else stock. Nice power curve and good gains, with the Pcv! Full horse over box stock peak and the big mid range gains from intake mods. Curve is way more linear and smooth, not all jagged and stepped. Anyone that has previously purchased a Pcv from me and would like this map PM me.

Last edited:

Bagwell

Country flag
Just wondering if the RC had the Akropofic map put on the ECU before Chad tuned the Powercommander V with the map?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just wondering if the RC had the Akropofic map put on the ECU before Chad tuned the Powercommander V with the map?

His bike still has the OEM stock map in ecu. The bike came from me new, no ecu flashing ever.

Sorry for delay and lack of involvement in forum lately. Life is.... Life sometimes! Extremely busy in the shop leaves little or no time for forum too. I still care and want to be involved. Anyone that "needs" me don't hesitate to pm or call shop.

Bagwell

Country flag
Thanks Chad, Good to be busy Im sure, but I understand sometimes its a little overwhelming. No problem on delay,

Thanks,

F1Tod

I am excited to share that I had Chad do a nice tune up on my 390D. I will fill you in after I pick it up later in the week. Chad, please feel free to add any sheets, info,etc here if you want. Thanks for everything you do for our 390's.
-Tod

stevieboy

Country flag
So I go with Chad to get the PCV and straighten out the fueling on my bone stock RC? Then I can change maps later if I make intake and/or exhaust changes? Sounds simple and I am all about simple.

D

Deleted member 452

Yep. Remove the top of the airbox (It unscrews from the base plate) and put a K&N air filter in at the same time (I'm using a DNA R filter). Chad has a map for this combo that really wakes the bike up for minimal $$$.

D

Deleted member 452

Tough to say since you have to take of the tank. I'm sure you could do it one handed but it may take twice as long...