Side stand sensor gone ?

Eddyg519

Hey guys we all know about the side stand issue. Mine was so bad the fucking kick stand bent and I couldn't get the large bolt back in so I ordered a new kick stand, bolt and nylox nut. I put blue lock tight on this time and stuffed it up. Then out the nylox nut on with some lock tight. Now it keeps telling me I have my kick stand down ? I know there is a by pass switch you can buy but I don't want to wait three weeks for it. Is there a sensor that fell off or something ? looks like there is a missing bolt (small) gone ? Did I misplace a bolt ? Where exactly is this sensor anyhow . How does the bike know the kick stands even down. Any information is much appreciated. Thanks. God damn it KTM

Diploman

When the 390 kickstand is in the deployed/down position, a brass/bronze bolt is visible on the upper rear side of the kickstand. This bolt has a magnet embedded in its center. When the kickstand is raised, the bolt comes to rest close to a magnetically-activated switch mounted inboard of the kickstand. On the Duke forum it was discovered that this switch is responsible for many of the stalling issues that have been reported with the 390's. The issue is that the magnetic bolt in some cases does not fold up close enough to the sensor to activate the switch firmly and solidly, so that the switch can return to its "down" position with vibration, bumps or low RPM's, switching off the motor. The rider perceives this as a stall. The fix for this glitch is to install a washer under the magnetic bolt head, so that the magnet folds up closer to the switch/sensor and holds it more firmly in the "up" position.

If you have somehow lost the kickstand's magnetic bolt, then raising the kickstand to the folded position will do nothing to activate the switch, which will continue to report that it is "down". In this configuration the bike can start and idle, but will not move. There are two solutions: 1.) bypass the switch; or 2.) replace the magnetic bolt so the kickstand will operate normally.

isaac_

Kureneko3 on here will sell kickstand by pass switch for $25 I think. You don't have to wait weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk