So about that pesky kickstand issue...

veetard

Just wanted to toss this out there in case it saves others from the problem I encountered today:
We all know that the kickstand mounting bolts "self-loosen", and on mine the front bolt went MIA. I was planning on replacing it but had not done so yet. The downside here is that with just the rear bolt installed it will tear out the bottom threaded portion of your stock rearset. Mine will be going in to have this replaced, but your kickstand is useless without it so if you are having this issue you should replace (or tighten) BOTH bolts with red loctite (271) before you have this happen.
I will be replacing both rearsets with billet versions shortly needless to say, just wanted to let you guys know that one bolt is no match for the craptastic cast rearsets.

...carry on. [emoji23]

RCinBC

Country flag
jeez, just spent a half hour unsuccessfully trying to get the rear kickstand bolt back in. trying to hold the bike one handed off the stand and working blind on the other side sure doesn't help. guess I'll need a second pair of hands or a pit stand to fix this. :mad:

wil55n

Country flag
First time I've heard about this. What's the deal? The kickstand bolts are known to rattle off? We're meant to put them back in with Loctite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robenever

Ok man. I can help. Same issue with mine. Order a new kickstand assembly.
Remove the swing arm bolt that holds it in. Remove the whole kickstand and install.
You'll need a torque wrench to do this.
The issue is, the two screws that holds the kickstand gets stripped along the way so you have to replace the whole thing to including the part where the bolt screws in. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topaz

Country flag
Have you tried leaning the bike against a wall?

jeez, just spent a half hour unsuccessfully trying to get the rear kickstand bolt back in. trying to hold the bike one handed off the stand and working blind on the other side sure doesn't help. guess I'll need a second pair of hands or a pit stand to fix this. :mad: