stock exhaust louder?

paige

i'm wondering if there's a way to preserve the look of the stock exhaust but make it louder. not offensively loud, but just louder:confused:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement muffler (or can) that is short enough and has the correct diameter inlet/outlet. I really want to preserve the look of the hidden stock exhaust.

paige

I wonder if the stock one could be modified at all...looking at the parts diagram silencer? hmmm

Chris The Welder

+1 I think to muffler on the side of the bike detracts from the look of the bike. I am all for a performance exhaust that stays hidden under the bike.
Exactly. And paige, I have, in the past cut pipes apart, gutted them, made my own baffles and welded them back together. I still have the tools to do it, I just don't have that kind of ambition anymore.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Chris, that was my first thought/plan. But after seeing how much heatsoak the stock muffler creates on the rear shock, I've decided to use a straight-thru baffled muffler.

mr-fabricator

I cut my stock muffler open and removed the cat , made a difference and sounds much better . Theirs a mass of piped inside the stock muffler , its not pretty !!

Regards lee

mr-fabricator

, cant upload a video , just imagine a " fuller " sound , actually sounds like an engine .. subtle at idle and sounds good at WOT . Interestingly enough i run 98 ron fuel and tried 95 ron for 1 track day ..

The wife said it was so quiet in comparison with the 95 fuel ?????

Regards lee