Tail section - survey of build options

Hekimpd

There will be two styles. One will be the race style tail section, which will accept the lights. The other will be a replacement for the "passenger seat" which will still allow for the riders OEM (or power parts) seat to be retained, as well as the lights and signals.

Matt, any idea yet on cost?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You bet. I'll probably be flying some of the new parts in via air FedEx, and the rest surface mail (AKA slow boat) for some of the initial orders... I've got to be careful with shipping costs tho!

There will be two styles. One will be the race style tail section, which will accept the lights. The other will be a replacement for the "passenger seat" which will still allow for the riders OEM (or power parts) seat to be retained, as well as the lights and signals.

Awesome _ I will be in for a passenger seat replacement type - will it be in carbon - white fiberglass or both? do you ship to Australia or would I need to go through Tyga ? Photos as soon as you can please :) Cheers

OldVet

So no style coming that will accommodate any storage in the passenger seat area? :mad:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
There really isn't much of any way to do it. KTM just didn't provide much of any provision for that.

OldVet

Yeah I have that stuffed full also but when you're trying to carry a few tools tire repair kit, pump etc. there's just not enough room on this toy.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Sounds like you need a tank bag, or a AAA membership. You aren't touring on it... And it's not an off-road back country adventure. With the extended coverage one would think the 100 mile tow distance would get you home, or at least close enough to get somebody to then fetch you with a truck if you ran into serious enough issues to need to be brought in.

Sacape2

5CS$! for sure! I've been searching and searching for a carbon solo seat cowl! I never ride 2up anyway.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Excellent, Smithers! No prices posted yet, right? Also, what are the weight savings?

No prices as of yet. There will be a full announcement when I've got them in hand, not to worry. For weight savings, with most replacement of plastic with carbon, "a lot." For specific numbers, that won't be something I can answer until they are out of production and I've got some in hand which I can weigh. If you consider the difference between the foam padded seat (with heavy plastic seat pan) and the new tails tho, it'll be a decent percentage between the two tho.

Sacape2

Formula390 said:
If you consider the difference between the foam padded seat (with heavy plastic seat pan) and the new tails tho, it'll be a decent percentage between the two tho.

That's actually really good news! I was under the impression that the stock pillion seat was pretty bulky and therefore heavy. I'm estimating an 80% weight difference from the foam seat and CF cowl.

Sacape2

I can't imagine how much better the bike will feel with a lower CG with this cowl and a light weight battery. Pocket rocket for sure.