TIFU - Cooling System Edition

RDAlphaRider

Hey there. I went back about a years worth of posts and didn't see anything related to this, so I figured I'd start a new thread.

First off, I'm a dumbass. Now that that's out of the way...

I went to drain/flush my coolant to put in engine ice. I didn't realize until after the fact that there is a nice drain plug underneath the water pump cover.:(
What I ended up doing was loosening the main hose that goes from the rad to the engine, drained most of it that way. When I went to put it all back together, I am guessing I over tightened the two screws that hold the hose into the engine, or did something. They don't tighten (kept spinning once on there all the way), and as you can see in the pics the very top of the threading on one of the screws is jacked up. I ended up buying new screws at home depot and put them in. They tighten better...but the damn thing still leaks when I add water. They are both on there seriously tight with out over doing it. It's leaking pretty heavily even still, and it's driving me nuts.

I fear I may have stripped the inside threading of the water pump cover. However, it's crazy to me it's still leaking as much as it is with how tight I was able to get the replacement screws. It's acting as if there should be some kind of gasket there, but I don't recall seeing one, and the fiche doesn't list one at all. See below.

That's my predicament, and these are the options I have come up with so far:

1) I already ordered an additional water pump cover from an online store. Thing is, I have track days coming up next Sunday/Monday. I'm not 100% sure if it would arrive before then. Would a local dealer be able to get one here faster if I go there Monday?

2) Some how fab up a way to get that hose secure. If you're not familiar with what's connected, I posted the parts fiche as well as a video showing the leak. Maybe add some liquid gasket? Something else?

3) ??? Any suggestions or tips any lovely strangers wish to provide. :)

Thanks for reading.

gdXglfz

L0BrV7h

0erYLU9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEn7ttEwZJg