Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So as many have undoubtedly noticed, over the last month or so, Tyga and Formula390 have been in negotiations for a US distribution agreement. Well, a deal was struck, a massive initial inventory stock of parts was ordered, banks wrangled, and I can now FINALLY announce that Tyga USA is a done deal! :) I have known and been a loyal customer of Tyga (aka Matt and Paul) for the better part of 20 years, back when they were the only guys who were supporting and developing for the NSR 250... so when I started Formula390, forming a partnership with Tyga was high on my list of goals for the company... and I am thrilled say that having Formula390 be a part of the Tyga family is a huge accomplishment for both Formula390 as well as Tyga!

So, I am pleased to announce that the full inventory of the Tyga KTM product line has arrived!
shipment_arrived.jpg

This means we are now inundated with piles and piles of boxes... over 750# of inventory in all... and when you consider a LOT of that is carbon fiber, you can likely get an idea of JUST how much inventory this is!!! Even with the wizardry of nesting and packing that the Tyga shipping team did, I can BARELY move in the Formula390 garage area! LOL Luckily, the Machining area of the shop is quartered off from the garage section, so at least I can still freely move around where the machine tools are!!!

Part of the Tyga partnership also means that we have been co-developing additional products for the RC390. The previously announced Tyga Top Triple will also have fully integrated support for the Formula390 steering damper kit as one of the first co-developed products:
Top_Triple_Clamp-with_Damper_Mount.jpg

There will be more co-developed products to come as well, so stay tuned for further announcements there too! :)

So what does this mean for y'all??? Basically, Tyga products, with fast and cheap domestic US shipping! Basically the prices for the Tyga products should be PRETTY close to the prices direct from Tyga, but the shipping should be much less because we can offer domestic shipping. I just got in from a full day in the shop, and was thrilled to see that the shipment had indeed finally arrived. So, I still have to verify the inventory, inspect for any damage from shipping (the Tyga packers did an excellent job tho and so far everything looks great!), put everything up on the inventory storage racks, blah blah blah... but basically if you've been wanting some Tyga products, but the shipping was a bit prohibitive... now that should be resolved! :) Over time, additional Tyga product lines will be offered as well. As of today tho, we have the FULL KTM product line in stock!!!

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Great news!! Congrats!
Would it be possible to put together a discounted complete carbon package? I have been holding off ordering from Tyga due to individual shipping costs.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Great news!! Congrats!
Would it be possible to put together a discounted complete carbon package? I have been holding off ordering from Tyga due to individual shipping costs.

I think we can put something together that'll work for ya' yeah... send me an email at [email protected] and we can work out the details for ya'.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Awesome, congratulations! I will probably be ordering some things from you soon as you have things sorted.

Everything is basically ready. It's just trying to find a place to PUT everything. The racks I had setup for storage of parts was quickly outstripped by the volume of parts. So basically I just have scant room for walking around in the garage area. I ended up having to relocate the Gixxer back to the house. There just isn't room for it right now. The RC is in the machine shop area. That's been the case for a few months now... mostly because the machine shop has full climate control (RUST is the ENEMY in a machine shop!!!) and I was tired of laying on the concrete in a puddle of my own sweat while developing parts. :)

So, order... please! Help me make some room! ;) LOL

big_sur

So is the triple going to be available without the supports for the steering damper? I was holding out for a cheaper option from Tyga but I don't want a steering damper\mounts for one.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So is the triple going to be available without the supports for the steering damper? I was holding out for a cheaper option from Tyga but I don't want a steering damper\mounts for one.

The damper mount will be an optional component, just like the key block will also be optional. Both optional components would integrate with the trip, but wouldn't be necessary to order or use. The photo of the trip with the damper mount is a rendering out of CAD with the addition of the damper bracket, but the bracket would basically just mount by placing it on the top of the trip, and under the stem bolt. The stem bolt would hold the damper bracket in place, and the damper would mount to it. If you were not using the damper, then you just wouldn't order that part when you order the trip. make sense?

ToraTora

Country flag
Matt does that include things other than RC bits? There's a fender I've been lusting after for years for one of my Derbi GPRs. :)

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Matt does that include things other than RC bits? There's a fender I've been lusting after for years for one of my Derbi GPRs. :)

The Plan(tm) is for the KTM bits for start... but... there's no reason why we couldn't offer the other Tyga offerings. The catch would be on if you were willing to wait "a bit" for the next stock order to be put in, whenever that is. How frequently stocking orders are put it, entirely depends on how quickly the inventory turns over. The main benefit of ordering directly from Formula390 is savings on shipping and having parts be able to be shipped out domestically right away tho... so really, if you were willing to wait that long, it might be just as affordable to order direct from Tyga and have them slow boat the part directly to you. {shrug} It's not that I wouldn't want to help get you some Derbi parts cheaper, I just don't know when that might be.... Given you've been lusting for years, maybe that's a workable time table for you tho. LOL It's easy to include whatever parts folks would want in the next big shipment, so that folks could have their parts shipped in bulk to save significantly on international shipping costs, and have parts included with the rest of the Formula390 stock order however. With bodywork, that really becomes a factor because the parts are large and take up a LOT of space so ordering en bulk really brings the per-piece costs down for shipping quite significantly... particularly when ordering in really large shipments.

The plan is to eventually other Tyga product lines, but first we've gotta recover a bit from the pretty significant capital investment made in the RC and Duke inventory! The idea was to look at some of the other 300's product offerings, but really, that's just "What's Phase 2" sorta discussion level right now. Paul and I have discussed it quite a bit. To be completely honest tho, considering we JUST got to the point of Phase 1 with the formal announcement (was waiting for the parts to have having finally arrived here to do that) I can't really begin to guess at what sort of timetable that might occur in.

The Wife, who is also the Corporate Accountant and co-Managing Member of the LLC, is the one primary folks who I'd have to get buy off from when Formula390 goes to expand the Tyga product line offerings (and meaning I would then initiate yet another Really Big Wire Transfer!!!) and for right now, any talk of that sort of thing would surely land me sleeping in the shop on a cot doing my best to snuggle up next to the lathe... assuming she didn't brain me with a skillet first. ;) Just picture this scene: "Honey... Babe... so, you know how I just added the KTM Tyga line to the Formula390 offerings. Yeah, that was after investing all those funds in the JRi shocks. Yeah, after I invested the $4k in the exhaust development project that basically resulted in my burning those funds just to see the pretty colors it made as it turned to ash... and yeah, after I bought that bulk shipment of steering dampers and tooling to do the production run of that product... well, I was thinking... what were your thoughts on me adding the Tyga Derbi line too? How much will investment in the business cost? Uhhhhhhh, well..... here's the thing..... One of the guys on the forum was asking about the Derb" {WHACK} "Owww. Hey! Just one seco" {WHACK WHACK WHACK!!!} "OK! OK OK OK!!!!"

...as I'm sure all y'all other Married Men will certainly be nodding along at this point too! LOL

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Great news. Thanks for making me spend more money;)
I'm pullin for ya, we're all in this together. :)

Now, y'all keep sending in those orders so I can manage to walk in here again! I'm never going to get more storage built if I can't make enough room to move around first!!!! LOL I do almost have a path cut to the desktop CNC on the back bench and the large format laser cutter/engraver next to the window... Almost! I'm going to try building some hanging shelving that I can fasten to the ceiling. I've got enough room between where the bay door ends and the row of lights to hang two hanging shelves the full width of the area which will HOPEFULLY get me enough space to breath in here again.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk