Hello

I would like to study a possible exhaust, and I'm looking for valves timing.
It is not in the owner manual, and I'm surprised to not find it either inside the KTM Workshop manual.
Is there any technical litterature (similar to Haynes manual) about our prefered bike?

The engine stability is bad below 5000rpm, and I imagine this is partially due to big valve overlap. I would like to check this
In addition, I'm thinking of a design for a short exhaust that would not kill horse power, and need these data too to make initial basic estimations of design and lengths depending of RPM range to optimize or sacrify.

Thank you

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have cam timing info, I can tell you cam profiles are not the problem, tuning is. Road racing world published the cam timing and specs too I provided them months ago.

Short exhaust has been tried several iterations, doesn't work.

Hello Chad
Thank you for your answer. I will look deeper in the forum to find thin info, then.

I know many people tried short exhaust without success on power point of view.
On my side I focus more to have a better sound (I don't try to have it loud), to be lighter, and to not loose peak power.
Honestly it's also because I like to use first the theoretical approach, then to weld and swrew and perform tests and adjustments...