What did you do to your RC today?

Conissah

Those tyga pipes look awesome! I want to run a high mount exhaust, but I'm afraid it'll melt my turn signals.

Also, bought a tank off eBay since mine was leaking. Fairly simple install, took me ~2.5 hours.

l5rXHlt.jpg

John390

Partially de-stickered it. The only white left is the lower part with the RC390 part, and the little RC in front of the gas filler.

I also added KTM PP tank grip stickers to the sides.

Conissah

Partially de-stickered it. The only white left is the lower part with the RC390 part, and the little RC in front of the gas filler.

I also added KTM PP tank grip stickers to the sides.

I want to see the whole setup!! Pictures please.

John390

soon!!

Did some more today.

Seriously shortened the factory plate bracket. Removed the plastic cover, cut out the center section of the pipe, fit the two parts together, welded them, painted it. Then cut off the front part of the plastic, fitted the end so it looks good, and reassembled. Its tucked under the rear seat now, but retains all factory functions and looks factory. I even smoothed out some of thier less than pretty welds.

had enough of that poor engine trying to breathe thru the snorkel (2018 bike) so I removed the snorkel, took off the airbox lid and nicely cut out the back side of the lid and reinstalled it. factory filter used. I also removed the little "tray" that fits back there. More room without it.

Cut out the factory muffler rear baffle pipe with a carbide toothed 1.5" hole saw and cleaned it up after.

have to say, I'm impressed so far. :) what a honk you get when you open the throttle. The exhaust is a bit "dirt bike" for me at idle, but its ok and it has to flow better. I couldn't run full speed breathing thru that pipe...

No money spent on that stuff so far.

As for pictures, can we host on here or do we have to host on our own somewhere?

Falkon45

Country flag
You can host on here. Go through the advanced reply, and the option to upload pictures is under the text box

Andy

Country flag
Finally took the bike for MOT, bloody cold and frosty ride, then put into garage until next year!

Doing so meant a test of the Factory Pro detent arm and a check that the shift arm (which was worn) worked along with my new clutch basket (which I managed to break!).

Anyway all is good the bike shifts through the gears ok and that detent arm makes so much difference, I confirm others views that it’s a worthwile addition. Thank you Factory Pro and Commonwealth in the US.

So now I wait for trackday season in 2019 and also for some new goodies to be delivered (new Tyga bellypan, race screen, top triple etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John390

well, here are some pictures as requested. :)

IMG_20181024_080411939_HDR.jpg
This one was the other day, I rode to work in the fog because I knew it was going to be a beautiful afternoon!

IMG_20181029_162929930_HDR.jpg
this was today. Rode in some oddly wet, but sunny weather.

IMG_20181029_162717989_HDR.jpg
after the ride

IMG_20181029_162853531_HDR.jpg

I did some progress in the exhaust line design... I'm still not very good at welding 1mm stainless steel tubes, but it does the job.
Unfortunately it is not compatible with KTM belly pan. I have to fine a Tyga, or powerpart now...

IMG_20181102_081559.jpg

The intake pipe and velocity stack (3D printed) are also ready. (dedicated post will come soon)

IMG_20180922_163930.jpg IMG_20180923_081632.jpg

John390

that intake pipe looks like a great idea. I have been thinking about something like that for my bike, but I am not sure about open filter there.

mattv

Country flag
Short answer is that KTM put R&D into engineering the airbox. You can't just throw on an open filter and expect good results. It will require tuning. You may need to create several iterations of the intake system and do lots of testing.

If you don't care about improving performance and just want to tinker, there's nothing wrong with that. I might try it just as something to do over the winter.

John390

I did some progress in the exhaust line design... I'm still not very good at welding 1mm stainless steel tubes, but it does the job.
Unfortunately it is not compatible with KTM belly pan. I have to fine a Tyga, or powerpart now...

View attachment 5102

The intake pipe and velocity stack (3D printed) are also ready. (dedicated post will come soon)

View attachment 5103 View attachment 5104

Hey, can you tell me the outside diameter of the throttle body? Also, does it have a nice even outside, or is it oddly shaped? I read that the inside diameter is 48mm, could you confirm that?

Hello. I confirm : Throttle body inside diameter (at the input, at least : 48mm
External shape is simply round, 57mm, if I remeber well.

Exhaust line finished!
It is longer than the original one in order to (maybe) get extra HP.
I added thermal protections when it comes close to engine cylinder head, radiator and schock absorber.
There is the standard O2 sensor + an additional plus for linear sensor used for calibration.
I just started the bike and no bad surprise for the moment...
Still the custom intake to finish and Mapping at dyno bench.
IMG_20190323_145243.jpg

Lima6

Exhaust line finished!
It is longer than the original one in order to (maybe) get extra HP.
I added thermal protections when it comes close to engine cylinder head, radiator and schock absorber.
There is the standard O2 sensor + an additional plus for linear sensor used for calibration.
I just started the bike and no bad surprise for the moment...
Still the custom intake to finish and Mapping at dyno bench.
View attachment 5263

Got a dedicated thread for this build? Super interested to see the end result.

I finally installed the AFR jauge at dashboard in order to read while riding, detect richness peak/lack, adapt PCV calibration...

IMG_20190510_225629.jpg