alexrarri

i have had my bike for a month now and i started to watch youtube videos of people doing some cool wheelies and im wondering if my ktm 390 even has enough power to do wheelies. my bike is all stock.

green_bread

Country flag
Yep.. no problem doing wheelies, at all. Easiest is to be rolling in 1st at about 10-15 mph and clutch them up. Be sure to have the rear brake covered as that is your insurance policy from looping! :D

Metals 907

Will also power up on launch, and again @ 2nd if you catch the shift point just right. Did it in a light to light drag race vs a pair of harleys.

Metals 907

Yeah, I didn't leave em standing still. Easily carried two lengths on the faster of the two. Heard "I was asleep at the tree " excuse from the guy bringing up the rear.

Mind you this was light to light shut down was still in the legalish speed range. I don't promote hooliganism. It is costly when you get caught.

I've yet to turn off my abs. Having never used it on a bike it's been a learning experience. I bet stoppies will be a hoot.

Last edited:

ray

I suck at wheelies but I can get RC to pop a small wheelie in the first gear...at 5k RPM, close the throttle completely and whack it open immediataly

BoostCrzy

in this video you can see the rc390 actually powering up a wheelie...no rocking/clutching.....just pure power.
[video=youtube;dPYKELJ3qKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYKELJ3qKk[/video]

green_bread

Country flag
A little photo proof of some wheelies for you :)

Clutching it up:
wheelie.jpg

Power wheelie off the start:
wheelie2.jpg

and a bonus stoppie... haha:
stoppie.jpg

I managed to (accidentally) get the front wheel off the ground yesterday. As a new rider doing an unintentional wheelie is pretty scary, especially when on a busy highway right after stalling the bike at a green light for a turn. I also have yet to turn ABS off