Who's Interested in a GB for SharkSkinz Race Bodywork?

Flippn

Country flag
I hope this is not an infraction on the rules. I'm looking for a count of people who will commit to the purchase of SharkSkinz race body work? I contacted a retailer who said he'll request for the company to manufacture them, but SharSkinz will typically do so if they can get 10 (qty) orders. Also, they will need the stock body work to create the mold. I think SharSkinz is located in Sebastian, FL. Anyone live close by and willing to have their stock bodywork used for the mold? I don't have pricing yet, I do know that SharkSkinz in not one of the cheapest...but they make quality product. I have the full race kit for my Ninja 250 and it's better compared to the one that HotBodies manufacture.

DCMoney

Country flag
At this point I think all I want is the race upper from sharkskinz, the race tail and belly pan through KTM is similarly priced to what Sharkskinz will release.

As much as I want aftermarket fairings I don't see it being a reality till next season.

I'm good for one race upper though.

Muckabucka

Country flag
I would be interested in a set depending on price/configuration. It will be interesting to see how the aftermarket deals with the giant windscreen setup.

Flippn

Country flag
Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure if/when this body kit will become available since we have no donor bike/body to hand over for the mold to be made.

I'll post up info if I get a response from the retailer.

mr-fabricator

Couldnt they factor in the price of a pair of new fairings and split the cost over the first 50 sets.sold ??

Very small investment for then as they will have the global market !

DCMoney

Country flag
Lol, they're both the same person. I ordered my tail and a belly pan through ebay from this guy.. Took a while to ship and the parts don't look as "new" they claimed, things could have happened during shipping though..

I figured.

My OEM race tail is supposed to ship tomorrow, but I might buy the belly pan above.

emeglasson

I would definitely buy a race tail, as KTM seems to be out of stock indefinitely on them. Especially if they made one that was a bit more attractive than the factory model...

fos373

Lol, they're both the same person. I ordered my tail and a belly pan through ebay from this guy.. Took a while to ship and the parts don't look as "new" they claimed, things could have happened during shipping though..

Ash - they were probably new. Pretty sad but the way mine were delivered was a pretty rough. Mine were new and if they had come Armour (as an example) I would have returned them. The belly looked as if it was done in a high school shop class. TZMike hordered some too and they were the same way.

TZMike

I got a spare belly pan and solo seat from a dealer in DE. Both came in white gel coat with seams showing where the two halves of the molds joined. That said the spare solo seat at least was not cracked at the mounts and scratched like the one which came on my Cup bike.

A light coat of paint will take care of the seams...

hydroz1

Is it too late to go in on the sharkskinz bodywork? I'd be interested in pooling my funds but I'm in california.

Backmarker

I would be interested, sharkSkinz makes good race bodywork. But I am in Nova Scotia Canada. If they ship to Canada I'm in.