wider tire sizes

kings4thecup

Just out of curiosity...read some of the prior threads about tire sizes and a lot of them haven't been updated recently. With being able to keep the performance on a 150 tire size...will a 160 fit on our bikes with the same/similar performance? thanks

mr-fabricator

Street or fast road / track .

The 160 will fit and does look good but it wont handle as well as the 150 or a 140 if your on the track . Street you'll be fine as you will never be going as hard.

kings4thecup

Yeah I have read the other recent thread and as you stated most are going the opposite direction for a wider tire. It's for the road....won't have much time for the track and when I have the opportunity I'll spend the extra money for a spare 150/140.

With a 160 is it going to a noticeable difference with little canyon riding? I'll be mostly doing highway/street driving.

reenmachine

Country flag
No, in fact you may notice a decrease in performance. The 160 will be heavier, slowing down suspension reaction. Worse, a heavier tire will spin up slower, and more of what little power the engine has will be consumed with making that happen.

Unless you're having traction issues there's no reason to go to a bigger tire.