2015 RC390 Stock Exhaust with Remap

rocksarntpeople

Ive been trying to find a definitive answer as to weather or not there are any downsides to flashing the ECU with simply a stock pipe and K&N drop in filter. No other modifications of any kind. If anyone knows I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

mattv

Country flag
Assuming you're talking about the akra map, there are no downsides I can think of. The bike runs lean from the factory, the akra map will help with that.

Unrelated: K&N air filter is OK, but do not use K&N oil filters in this bike. They don't flow well enough and you end up in a low oil pressure state.

rocksarntpeople

Thank you! Thats some good info. For oil filters I only ever use OEM stuff (cars, bikes, etc.)

Assuming you're talking about the akra map, there are no downsides I can think of. The bike runs lean from the factory, the akra map will help with that.

Unrelated: K&N air filter is OK, but do not use K&N oil filters in this bike. They don't flow well enough and you end up in a low oil pressure state.

xplodee

I know uncountable people using the same.
An ECU remap with stock exhaust and just a K&N Air filter for better air intake handling.
In India, RC390 isn't costly as it's outside. So hardly someone installs an expensive exhaust.

They all are more than happy and so is the bike.

Go ahead, you'll enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rocksarntpeople

My other question is would removing the snorkel but leaving the airbox itself alone with the same filter cause it to lean out? I only ask because the bike will likely never see rain, and with the snorkel removed it makes accessing the filter element itself much easier.

mattv

Country flag
Do you mean removing just the snorkel, or also the airbox lid the snorkel attaches to?

If the former, my *guess* would be that it might lean it out a little bit, and the air might be a little warmer, but it probably won't make a big difference. If the latter, it will lean it out more, as it's sucking in more air.

I don't have any evidence to back up either of those guesses =)

xplodee

I'm going KTM service centre today.
I'll confirm this. The head mechanic and manager are kind of friends (good people).

If you have any other question. Post it and I'll get you solid answers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rocksarntpeople

I plan to leave the lid 100% in tact (the previous owner actually drilled holes in it so I ordered a brand new one and installed it when I put the K&N in). I just would like to know if removing ONLY the snorkel component would cause any serious problems because it is a bit annoying to service the filter with it attached as you are forced to remove the "glove box" and the seat mechanism to get to the airbox lid.

rocksarntpeople

Im bringing this thread back because I stopped at my local dealer today and they said that they cannot flash the Akro map without an "unlock code" which apparently comes with the exhaust when you buy it new. I was under the impression these were just factory KTM calibrations and were simply offered free (plus dealer labor of course) from KTM themselves. Does anyone have any insight into this, perhaps a part number for the map, etc? Thanks.