2015 vs 2016

Huncho

Hello Guys,
First post here, i am about to purchase a RC390 however im not sure about the differences between the 2015 and 2016 models, where im from (Sydney) 2016 models are very rare and a lot of sellers aren't specifying their models so looking for some help and also some tips on the bike as im choosing this over the R3.
thanks guys :)

Hello Guys,
First post here, i am about to purchase a RC390 however im not sure about the differences between the 2015 and 2016 models, where im from (Sydney) 2016 models are very rare and a lot of sellers aren't specifying their models so looking for some help and also some tips on the bike as im choosing this over the R3.
thanks guys :)

Hi mate, welcome, Im in Tassie
Theres no difference between 2015 and 2016 models from what i understand, maybe slight graphics change

The new 2017 model in the showrooms now has a few, mainly being

ride by wire throttle
slipper clutch
new side mount exhaust (euro 4) heavier!
adjustable levers
new graphics and colours (has the orange inner side fairings compared to black on the 14-16)
new ecu mapping giving smoother throttle response and slight increase in power and torque to compensate for the extra weight
larger 320mm front disc

The 2015-16 new, old stock are going quite cheap from the dealers on run out sales at the moment.

The new upgrades on the 2017 make it worth considering also :)

Last edited: