390 Duke top triple and clip ons

20170425_102754.jpg

Just fitted a duke 390 top triple clamp with clip ons as I didnt want to modify the standard clamp
Works well and has that old school GP look.
i'll use the duke bar mounts to mount my mobile phone and use a lap timer app and or gopro camera

Had to remove the black plastic mask that fits between the dash and screen for clearance.
Just need to make a couple of alloy brackets for the lower screen mounts and steering lock needs to be reduced

Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag
Looks good, I might do something similar in the future, but I'll be machining the clamp to reduce some weight first. Can you please take a pic of which part you needed to take off to do this?

2017-04-30 21.16.15 (1).jpg20170429_195620.jpg20170430_162051.jpg20170430_162121.jpg

Here is some photos of the lower screen bracket and steering stop (needs Paint) that I fabricated.

Cant believe KTM want $300 Australian dollars for the steering stop when you can knock a couple up with a piece of 50mm angle which mounts from the same point

Removing the black mask gives so much more clearance for the clip ons. Also it simplifies and unclutters the cockpit.

Also fitted my phone holder on the Duke steering mounts. Ill use the Racechrono App for a GPS laptimer

Theres one negative. the steering lock doesnt engage due to the offset with the duke triple. Could drill another hole in the frame lug but not too fussed at the moment

Looks good, I might do something similar in the future, but I'll be machining the clamp to reduce some weight first. Can you please take a pic of which part you needed to take off to do this?

Last edited:

GOJO

image.jpg Bar posts machined off ignition mounts gone de seemed and powder coated £15 to but free to machine and £10 to coat bargain

gamer3109

Just a quick question, other than taking off the RC's black mask, does Duke's top triple clamp just fit right off the bat to RC390 without anymore moddings? Just curious 'cause I'm ordering a Duke's triple clamp for my RC390 :D

Just a quick question, other than taking off the RC's black mask, does Duke's top triple clamp just fit right off the bat to RC390 without anymore moddings? Just curious 'cause I'm ordering a Duke's triple clamp for my RC390 :D

Yes it slips straight on no mods need to be made to the duke triple

You do need to address steering stops and body work clearance issues if you are fitting lower clip ons which Ive shown in a previous post

Good luck with it :)

Last edited: