Advices Needed- BROKEN Headlight and Nose

Lemans_72

Hi everyone!

First of all, I have been watching this forum for quit a while lately and I really love reading about all the modifications your are doing on this RC. Really can’t wait to contribute once I get my toy!

The bike I am looking at is 6 hours drive from where I leave so I would like to get your opinion and to know if it s worth it, before I go and spend my money. The question is regarding the bracket that holds the headlight.

I am looking at this RC 390 advertised as CAT C DAMAGED REPAIRABLE SALVAGE, RUNS & RIDES for £2190 (can’t afford a second hand one. Anyway want a track toy and prefer spend ££ on modifications :D)

So far what I know about the bike is:

Seller: “The bracket that holds the headlight and nose cone is broken as is the headlight.
We have no idea about accident types the bikes come from the insurance as they are, that's all we know.
Did not notice any leaks or major issues when picking the bike up and photographing it although we do not inspect them closely.
Your very welcome to come see it to make your own assessments.”
s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-5.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I am trying to figured out what parts will have to be replaced ? But without seen the bike is almost impossible :confused:
Knowing that, I will get the TYGA Front Race Fairing and Race Seat :cool: but still would need the bracket to hold the speedometer I guess?

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 15.36.14.jpg

Looking at the KTM part finder, it still difficult for me to know what as to be replaced.

169380810.jpg

I suppose it should be the Fairing Structure R/s and L/s and maybe Structure Head Lamp.

If I select parts number 32 and 33 it tell me this:
“Unfortunately, this item has now been superseded.”
Does it mean the part is unavailable at all ?
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 18.52.47.jpg

Hoping someone can help. Any though welcome,
Cheers ! ;)

motoputz

Country flag
There is a big heavy steel sheet metal part that holds all of that to the steering head. From looking at the picture there is a good chance it is bent but not destroyed. If you are planing on making the bike a track day toy, no head light, mirrors and such, you can just cut off what you do not need and bend the rest as needed to get the race fairing to work. It is not worth tracking down a replacement. It is to heavy to have on a light track bike. You would be better off spending money on a light weight upper fairing stay if you can find one. When my bike gets dedicated to track only riding the stock upper fairing stay/headlight mount will be one of the first things to go.

green_bread

Country flag
I have a replacement fairing stay for you if you want it. Shipping to the UK from the US might be kind of expensive, but its only about 3lbs, total for the stay. I personally wouldnt want to mess with one that is bent as the fairing would look warped and would be a bitch to get everything to line up correctly.

You also have the option of the Rottweiler MFS. There is a thread on here about it. Its more expensive but gives tons of mounting options and saves weight. Plus it looks good. :)