Akra Exhaust Noise Level

Peacock390

Hi all,

Just curious on how loud the Akrapovic exhaust is? And if it'll be passable on the street if the Db-Killer is removed.

Thanks!

tecknojoe

Country flag
It's not the most horrendous exhaust, but it's noticeably louder. If you live in an apartment complex or condos, you'll probly piss the neighbors off.

Removing the baffle would not only be annoyingly loud, but also likely reduce horsepower.

Personally I'd keep it stock if it was a street bike.

Peacock390

Thanks for the response Joe. I've been in the market for a new exhaust and been having trouble narrowing down the few options I have.

SneakyOwl

Keep in mind that KTM sells two Akrapovic systems. One street legal with a catalysator and one "race" without it:

tmDC9YT.png

That being said, I'd like to hear someones take on the difference between the Race model and any other popular exhaust used here.

cornerslider

I was in the same places you're at...... I spent literally hours agonizing over what to buy. I ended up getting the Arrow "street-thunder" exhaust. It does NOT have a CAT in it, and is only slightly louder than stock. I did the Chad Wells (commonwealth KTM) PCV w/air box mod. It TRANSFORMED the bike!!!! I could not be happier. Chad's map is the way to go-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jjtard

Doesn't dyno data show loss of midrange with cat removed? I'm not racing mine so don't really wanna kill midrange...I think Arrow GP2 offers with and w/o cat?

tecknojoe

Country flag
Doesn't dyno data show loss of midrange with cat removed? I'm not racing mine so don't really wanna kill midrange...I think Arrow GP2 offers with and w/o cat?

If you're referring to removing the baffle, yes it loses power. I haven't seen any back to back tests of cat deletes

cornerslider

None that I can see????? If anything, it pulls MUCH harder! I'd say the mid-range punch would rival my R6? (granted, my R6 is older/carbed, but you get the idea). I did all my mods at the same time- PCV/Chad Wells map/airbox mod, and exhaust. So- I don't really know what got me the most gains? What I do know, is that those four things absolutely transformed my bike!!!! I can't stop smiling EVERY time I ride it :cool: