All NEW 2017 Model Bikes Just Released @ Intermot - OPINIONS?

simpletty

Country flag
My bike is in great shape with low miles. Why not buy it? Just because it doesn't fit in to what I want from a bike? That's silly. And if I had known all the minuses beforehand I probably would have kept the Aprilia and Yamaha I sold/traded to get one. I bought mine for the street. Entry level or not I don't think you should have to spend thousands of dollars to make the bike "decent". However if you want to spend the money feel free. I thought a forum was for hearing both sides of the equation?

Its entry level of course. I went ahead and purpose built it for what I want to do with it. I probably would have stopped at the suspension upgrades if I was keeping it for the street. It has its issues, yes, but I am prepared to deal with them when the time comes. If the head gasket let's go it's a great excuse to drop in Cj wells big kit. So I really don't see a downside other than the cost. Some bikes come off the showroom floor better than others. It's just that way with anything these days.

cornerslider

You are correct. This forum IS about hearing both sides of the equation. That is exactly why I posted my thoughts. I just don't understand what anyone gets out of going on a vague rant about what garbage their bike is? Why would anyone buy a bike from someone that told told the online world how unhappy they were? Also, when people post repeatedly, what a piece of garbage their bike is, it hurts ALL of us. I've seen so many members posts rants about their bikes and then a week later- it's listed in the classifieds. I understand the frustration, but you're not only hurting yourself (as far as selling the bike you hate), you're devaluing EVERY RC390-

chrisdigital21

You are correct. This forum IS about hearing both sides of the equation. That is exactly why I posted my thoughts. I just don't understand what anyone gets out of going on a vague rant about what garbage their bike is? Why would anyone buy a bike from someone that told told the online world how unhappy they were? Also, when people post repeatedly, what a piece of garbage their bike is, it hurts ALL of us. I've seen so many members posts rants about their bikes and then a week later- it's listed in the classifieds. I understand the frustration, but you're not only hurting yourself (as far as selling the bike you hate), you're devaluing EVERY RC390-

cornerslider, what bike is in your avatar pic??

stevieboy

Country flag

I don't see how I am hurting myself or my sale, I have a bike I no longer enjoy. It has low miles and some recommended upgrades. It has endured repairs of some of the chronic faults as well as the damage done by the dealer .Its in great shape and is priced $2000.00 less than I paid-I simply want something else. As far as devaluing every other RC maybe if we as owners demanded better we might get it. You like your bike great! ride it. I am going to ride something else.
g else

unicorn_violence

unfortunately with online forums such as this forum, more people that have issues tend to post about it than people that have no issues. this is the same with about any sort of review on any product. we all know at this point that the RC has QC issues, but bickering about it on this forum will probably not lead to anything, as i highly doubt KTM actually pays attention to what goes on here unfortunately. this im sure is the case with almost any manufacturer, except for maybe Jeep. nevertheless, its good to hear both sides of whats going on, good and bad, that way potential buyers know exactly what they are getting into, this is something i didn't have the luxury of when i bought my RC. luckily, i haven't had any issues with mine, and im at 3500 miles now. also, after speaking with other riders that race the new r3's and ninjas, pretty much every bike in this category needs some extra money spent to make it solid bike. the fact is you just don't get nice suspension when you get a cheap bike. with that said, the QC issues with other bikes is less than the RC. but i will stick with mine for now, because i know that if a good rider is riding the RC(and the RC has no issues....knock on wood), it can decimate all other bikes in its 300cc category, and that's a proven fact. there just needs to be preventative measures done first, which is what ill be doing over the winter.

stevie boy, if your going back to Yamaha, you might want to wait for a little while before you buy another bike, as there have been rumors in the racing world that Yamaha might be coming out with a R5 sometime soon, which would be amazing. not to mention the new R6 should debut sometime this week i think. hopefully it takes on some of the new design ques from the R1.

stevieboy

Country flag
stevie boy, if your going back to Yamaha, you might want to wait for a little while before you buy another bike, as there have been rumors in the racing world that Yamaha might be coming out with a R5 sometime soon, which would be amazing. not to mention the new R6 should debut sometime this week i think. hopefully it takes on some of the new design ques from the R1.

Had R1s, R6s, FZRs you name it. When it comes to small displacement I will be looking for my fourth FZR400.

cornerslider

unfortunately with online forums such as this forum, more people that have issues tend to post about it than people that have no issues. this is the same with about any sort of review on any product. we all know at this point that the RC has QC issues, but bickering about it on this forum will probably not lead to anything, as i highly doubt KTM actually pays attention to what goes on here unfortunately. this im sure is the case with almost any manufacturer, except for maybe Jeep. nevertheless, its good to hear both sides of whats going on, good and bad, that way potential buyers know exactly what they are getting into, this is something i didn't have the luxury of when i bought my RC. luckily, i haven't had any issues with mine, and im at 3500 miles now. also, after speaking with other riders that race the new r3's and ninjas, pretty much every bike in this category needs some extra money spent to make it solid bike. the fact is you just don't get nice suspension when you get a cheap bike. with that said, the QC issues with other bikes is less than the RC. but i will stick with mine for now, because i know that if a good rider is riding the RC(and the RC has no issues....knock on wood), it can decimate all other bikes in its 300cc category, and that's a proven fact. there just needs to be preventative measures done first, which is what ill be doing over the winter.

Thank you unicorn_violence, for articulating what I was trying to communicate :cool:. This thread got WAY off topic, and I am at least partially responisible. I'm sorry for that, maybe I'll start a new thread called "Who loves their RC, and why?-

No doubt that the Ducati SuperSport is my prefered and most wanted one.
But I'm not neutral, as I'm working on this bike during complete 2016 year, as project manager of the injection system.
(and I can confirm it's a really good bike, even if I'm not able to compare with the others)

unicorn_violence

Looking forward to the unveil of the new R6...its on my list of must haves

here it is, the official look of the new R6
WpzWA7M.jpg

mmmmhh soo purrty!

Yamaha Ends the Middleweight Depression With the 2017 YZF-R6 | Sport Rider

now of KTM would just jump on this bandwagon!

i need a RC600 in my life right about now

Last edited:

tecknojoe

Country flag
queue the bitching and complaining

ohhhh, all they did was new bodywork, new rotors, new calpers, new forks, new shock, new fuel tank, thinner seat, tcs, drive modes, abs, and qs ready..... no fairy dust?! rabble rabble rabble!

buy my 690 cause i want one

simpletty

Country flag
Problem with the middleweight class is the numbers of sales have been declining for years, so manufacturers just don't concentrate on bringing anything really spectacular to the plate. Moto2 is made up of "cbr 600 like" engines supplied by geo technology. So no need for a manufacturer battle there and WSBK are on litre bikes, so really what does that leave us on the world stage for a 600 manufacturer series--really no where. Basically all the crazy developments trickle down to production bikes, in some form or other, from the factory race teams and development Highly doubt KTM will bring a 600cc bike in the form of the RC at all since the basis of supply and demand is on smaller displacement cheaper bikes to feed the emerging asian market. It would be a dream to see such, but without a stage to display them on, anything coming to light will be unlikely.

The new R6 is sweet as pie, and I would love one...but i have one already thats just fine with me
WpzWA7M.jpg

mmmmhh soo purrty!

Yamaha Ends the Middleweight Depression With the 2017 YZF-R6 | Sport Rider

now of KTM would just jump on this bandwagon!

i need a RC600 in my life right about now[/QUOTE]