Am I missing a bolt here?

Bill Wu

I'm starting to get an annoying metallic rattling noise at low RPMs. Upon closer look I think I might be missing a bolt just adjacent to the rear brake pedal. The whole fairing feels really loose in this area. Can you fellow RC390 owners let me know if there is supposed to be a bolt in here?

See below pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk583y23v4uxsvg/unspecified.jpg?dl=0

Yes, there should be a bolt with a black thick washer there.

Yours is missing....

TennisFreak

Wow talk about timing.

I started hearing a rattle/vibration sound come from the lower front fairing area just this morning. I need to go out at lunch and look around for missing bolts, LOL.

Bill Wu

Thanks, I brought it back to the dealer and they fitted a new bolt and washer.

No problem.

Wow! Your dealer was so efficient!

The vibration of RC 390 is so strong, I even lost my side stand fixing bolt!
20160909_203611.jpg

I waited for the bolt for 2 weeks to get a new one!!!

Grove

No problem.

Wow! Your dealer was so efficient!

The vibration of RC 390 is so strong, I even lost my side stand fixing bolt!
View attachment 3033

I waited for the bolt for 2 weeks to get a new one!!!
Looks like the vibration also knocked off your shift rod! [emoji16]

But at the risk of being OT, please can you tell us more about those rearsets? Mirror Work?

Bill Wu

Looks like the vibration also knocked off your shift rod! [emoji16]

But at the risk of being OT, please can you tell us more about those rearsets? Mirror Work?

Actually, the shift rod wasn't knocked off. But the shift lever was.

That reminds me I must confirm all the bolts are tightened up!!

Mirror work is a Taiwanese brand. They produce rearset, brake lever, engine case cover, some CNC products.
(But they has only rearset and brake lever for RC390)

This rearset has something which is adjustable, foot step position, shift rod position, the stick on the shift lever.
13898514_961009120674534_1404894822_o.jpg14285647_990804614361651_825635859_o.jpg14329348_992227324219380_426088950_o.jpg

I'm not sure if they sell to overseas. If you're interested, I can ask them for you.

Wow talk about timing.

I started hearing a rattle/vibration sound come from the lower front fairing area just this morning. I need to go out at lunch and look around for missing bolts, LOL.

Seems to me this is the answer I've been looking for upon hearing the same thing this morning.