Another newbie UK owner

Deeds40

Hi all,
Just saying hello.
I have my test booked in the next few weeks, but decided to pull the trigger on a 390RC. - hoping that it will be a good first bike for me (im 34 so a bit of me is worries its to smaller engine) I cant wait to get it - its the first vehicle I will have purchased brand new, so really excited.
Hows everyone else find them? Anything I should change to start with? Ive read brakes are not 'great'?
Fingers crossed for a pass, and some sunny days!

Andy

Country flag
I'm 42 and this is the smallest bike I've had for many years. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant revving the nuts off them.

Pads help, R&G tail tidy cleans up the back and I've started replacing bodywork with carbon fibre parts.

Problem I've found is there aren't the same sort of shops like overseas that stock aftermarket parts so you'll need to trawl Google and eBay as we as working out shipping costs. If you want TYGA stuff speak to Jap4Performance as they bring stuff in.

Deeds40

Cheers - From a biker who says that - thats just what I wanted to hear!
Yeah considering the tail tidy - and possibly a new exhaust, but may wait till its done the run in before changing that!

Andy

Country flag
I'm trying to choose a pipe at moment. Looking at the offerings from Arrow but also at doing something a bit different with a Spark pipe for the Duke 390.

Also need to sort a Power Commander although again deciding on whether to try a Rapid Bike unit instead.

Other mod I'm also looking into is to change the dash as I can't see it very well, all previous bikes I've had have had conventional rev counters. Well apart from my crosser and the speedway bike.

Deeds40

I think this is going to become an expensive hobby!
Im so please with the deal on the bike tho - I was so close to going for something second hand, but to be able to get something brand new, with 2 year warranty for the money I was going to spend justifies it in its self even if it was a crap bike!

I love the Yoshimura exhaust (duel under seat) but having seen it on youtube I imagine its not any where near road legal!!!