Anticipating the RC, contrasts, and why I like the South...

Treachery

Country flag
68 degrees, I got home a little early this afternoon, so I did what came naturally: Went for a ride! Part of what started my looking at the RC390 was a ride I took on SWMBO's Ninja 250 before cold weather hit. It needed some "exercise," so that's what I took out this afternoon. The chassis on that bike is really pretty good. The suspension is stiff, but it works pretty well. With 28 HP, speed records ain't happenin', but it's still big grins. I realized halfway through the ride that I hadn't used the brakes to set up for a single turn. I spent the rest of the ride watching my momentum and keeping the revs up to get good drives. Good practice for the RC.

Got home with some daylight left. Decided to take out...The FJR. That's where the "contrast" comes in. Somewhere near 300 pounds heavier, and at least four times the HP. You can bog the FJR, but it isn't easy. You can over-rev it, but the law will intervene first. I thought of a few "truisms:" 1) There's no replacement for displacement, and 2) mass must be obeyed. OTOH, it really is comfortable. Big grins, just different grins.

Why do I like the South? Did I mention it was 68 degrees...in January?

:cool:

typhon

Why do I like the South? Did I mention it was 68 degrees...in January?

:cool:

i'm with you on that one! i'm in new orleans. we can pretty much ride year round...except when a hurricane is beating down on us. love that tail wind though!

VAG944

Meh, I'm sick of the "south"! Cold as fuck in the winter with a few breaks of warm days, a couple weeks in the Spring and Fall of great weather then hot and sticky! I miss Arizona, awesome for 9 months and bearable for the other 3, you just have to wake up early for those 3 months. :p