Any one racing a 2017 rc390

4racing

Country flag
Hi
Hav been racing a r3 but after a big off an destroying it
im considering a rc390 to replace it so hav sum questions Are the 2017 ones more reliable eg
head gaskets
oil leaks
clutch
over heating
what to use for fuell controller since no power comander availble yet is their a map u can use in ecu
Any other things that might need to know
Thanks Jason

green_bread

Country flag
I am not racing a 2017, but I am on a 2015 that Ive had the case split/resealed to fix an oil leak under warranty by KTM dealer and at that time, they installed the KTM Powersports head gasket kit. I also re-torqued the clutch basket nut. Ive never had any overheating issues, even with the radiator fan removed. The only thing that I havent done yet is replace the bearing for the clutch basket but I will be throwing in a new clutch pack (2 years of racing on the OEM one.. haha) and will probably replace the bearing at the same time.

I know youre asking about a 2017, but the reason Im posting this is because Id be willing to sell my "no issue/fixed issues" 2015 as it looks like Ill be moving up in the racing classes and possibly doing some MotoAmerica rounds this year. The bike is reliable and strong.. running the Powercommander with a map developed by Chad Wells. If youre interested, I can give you a full mods list, etc. Just let me know!

Sadmas

Country flag
Hi, I'm using one of the new ones to race. For now the bike has about 300 miles on the track without problems. However, it is very new to know reliability.
I think that this weekend I will install the powertronic. Surely then make a post with the results of the fuel controller
Greetings from Argentina

Last edited: