Anybody wanna try?

CDN Duke

Country flag
I'd agree, stay away from the clip-ons.

I ride chinese carbon bicycle frames from reputable sellers, no issues, but I won't run chinese carbon seatposts or handlebars, just too risky. I will only run Easton carbon riser bars on the mountain bikes, and stay away from carbon handlebars, regardless of vendor, for the road bicycles.

Personally, I'm usually reluctant to use chinese products, even if I like to build and use machines not safe at all like my Dragwing.
But for RC390, this is different as I consider that the parts (even sold by KTM) are cheap indian local part, sold at western price.
So I do not consider that most of Chinese ones are worse that the orange powerparts.

Last edited:

Thetonious

That's the thing about clip-ons psych0hans...there are no issues until there are issues. These things aren't going to warn you when they are about to fail. :)

edderz 33

I raced with this clip on..no problem at all. it is up to you guys, expensive thing is sometime just because of brand name. But the quality is about the same.

Hypoint

BSB: Snapped handlebar cause of Haslam qualifying disaster | MCN

Can happen to anyone and even those with big budgets using established makes.

Perhaps with those Chinese versions you are increasing the risk of failure?

this is what I was thinking. I did see a YouTube video of someone snapping their handlebar and it was an eBay product. But, seeing as the rearsets I'm running are/were eBay product(now Amazon stocks then), in leaning towards getting them. They held up at the track, when I towed my bike down to Orlando (where I put them on), and regular daily riding. I figure if they do break, I'll just hold steady, downshift and pray for the best lmao.