Arrow GP2 db levels

waveriders

Has anyone who has a Arrow GP2 exhaust installed measured the db levels? I'm ready to get a different exhaust, and the Arrow is one of my choices. But the track I like to go to has a 102db restriction, so I'm trying to comply with that. I've searched the forum, but didn't see any threads.

thanks,
Gary

emeglasson

Nope, sorry. I am one of the guys with that pipe, but I have not had a db tester on it. I don't know of any one local that has one. I'll ask some shops because I am curious. If I figure it out, I'll post it.

Fasteddy

Country flag
There is a dBa meter app for android phones, It is actually pretty accurate compared to a lab dB meter which surprised me, For the 102dB restriction at the track what are the measuring parameters? do they give a distance / direction from the bike? do they specify a reference for the measurement like dBa?

waveriders

I decided to take the risk and ordered the Arrow GP2 and a Power Commander (wife was surprisingly ok with it :cool:). I was debating what exhaust to get, but talked with KTM Performance and they told met that Arrow just came out with a PCV map for the GP2. So that pretty much sealed my decision. I'll run that until I can find a good tuner in the Orlando area.

The track website doesn't give parameters to measure dB levels. They basically say bikes louder than 102dB will not be allowed to run. I run my 2008 R6 with a Yoshimura pipe (no dB insert) and I haven't had a problem, and the sound level on it is right there at 100 - 102 (measured at the back at a distance of 5 feet). It really depends on where you measure it at, distance, etc. Once the exhaust gets here, I'll measure the dB level with my trusty 10 year old Radio Shack meter, and post it.

ryandalling

PIR will fine the race groups if they go over 104db so our race org will pull bikes with a black flag at 100db to be safe. With the akropovic I'm at 94db. Laguna Seca only allows stock pipes and is very sound restrictive.

DCMoney

Country flag
NCM was measuring all weekend and if you were 103.1 they were meat balling you giving you one chance to make it quieter and if you failed again they were telling them they couldn't ride any more.

Bikes that were that I can remember was a R1M, S1KRR, a R6 with a straight pipe there were others but those are just the one I remember. None of the 390s with Akro pipes got flagged. Think you'll be fine.

waveriders

I'll try to post a short video with sound when I get home tonight. I "un-scientifically" measured sound this weekend with my trusty Radio Shack db meter, and it varied from 101db to over 105db at 9k RPM. It was measured standing 6 feet to the side of the exhaust. I'm running this weekend, and the track has a 104db limit, so I'm hoping I'm ok.

My KTM-Arrow has ran at multiple tracks all over the US with a 102 limit and testing. With the db killer out, not one problem or concern.

waveriders

Here is a short clip of the Arrow GP exhaust. Hopefully it will come up for you.

[video=youtube_share;ddNbIPNKh_U]https://youtu.be/ddNbIPNKh_U[/video]