Bike Wobbles more than normal

Hi I'm riding my rc390 out of Washington state and I was wondering if anyone else had a issue with the bike steering wobbling more than normal while riding one handed over 65mph?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

b7782547be3f51598dd3e0089ca883ef.jpg

Fasteddy

Country flag
Another thing to check would be rear wheel alignment, don't go by chain adjuster marks but actual measurements from center of axle to center of swing arm pivot bolt, or a LASER alignment tool. And mine is rock stable , one hand, no hands etc. I have had the experience of instability to the extreme, but thats another story.

Rcdan

Can you describe the wobble? Is it a steady rhythm like something out of balance? Is it random? I have noticed that if I apply even light pressure to the bars it will initiate a response much sooner than you might anticipate. Especially if you are coming from 600s or liter bikes. You may be putting enough pressure on the bar you are holding to affect the bike without knowing it. So that you are unconsciously initiating lean with the hand that is on the bar and your body is correcting to keep the bike straight. Just a guess.

Diploman

You might want to take off the front wheel and check the balance of the tire, at home or at a shop. Might need to be rebalanced.

Suggest you check the steering head top nut for correct tightening torque: Manual specifies: "Nut, steering head, M30 x1, 5NM (3.7 ft/lbs)".

Ryanthegreat1

Where in WA are you? I don't recognize the bus, must be an east sider? Might be helpful to find another RC owner to take a look.

simpletty

Country flag
I think I have the same experience riding with just one hand as well. It seems to be very floaty and sensitive to any slight movement. I just put it off to the fact the bike is lighter in the front end and more sensitive to slight movement. I dont think there is anything wrong with the bike at all

I am located in the tri city area. Umm yea it seems like any slight movement might throw you off. But other riders are saying that their handling is pretty stable

So I take it in and ask them to check all this because it wobbles or what? It's still under its 1 year warranty so this should be covered right??

simpletty

Country flag
Where in WA are you? I don't recognize the bus, must be an east sider? Might be helpful to find another RC owner to take a look.

So with two hands is fine? Or not?? If the bike is fine with both hands on the bars, not to be negative but, unlikely there is an issue. Mines stable and solid with two hands on the bars. One handed it's not as stable and the front twitches more than my other three bikes. I know there is nothing wrong with my bike, I've had it completely apart. If your unsure of it take it back to the dealer and have it inspected. We can guess all day, the crystal ball method, and none of that really helps you in any way. "If you think there is a problem have it addressed by your dealer to make sure everything's ok". Searching here for an answer will provide you areas to look at, but we all are guessing. good luck and hopefully nothing is wrong