Blue smoke

Michelle

Hi everyone :D

I thought as I am home early and its not to hot I would do my fan and coolant change today....
Just letting the bike cool down before I put the last flush in ,, the new fan came on and it was only on for 15-20 seconds then went off ,, fantastic....

The other day I started my bike and when I first started it blue smoke came out ,, only for a few seconds but a far bit ,, its not done it since until I just started my bike..
Its been running today cos I went to work and it was fine then ,, why the blue smoke ??...

isaac_

From where? The exhaust? elsewhere?

Maybe something burned off from all the coolant flushes you've done ;)

If it hadn't happened since likely something burned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle

It did it the other day when I put it on the paddock stand and that lifts it up high ish on the back end.. Its done it now and I have been working on it with it on the paddock stand again..
My oil is full on the top line..
Maybe some how oil is getting into the chamber with me lifting it up on the paddock stand..
That is the only thing I can think of...
Maybe I should let a little oil out cos its never done that before while working on the paddock stand ,, I normally keep my oil level just over half way but I topped it up to full...
I will keep my eye on that...
Yes the exhaust...

CDN Duke

Country flag
I normally keep my oil level just over half way but I topped it up to full...

Can you describe exactly how you're measuring the oil? Sounds like overfilled. Needs to be warm, bike level (not on side stand) and between the lines on the sight glass. Do you recall how much oil you put in? It requires significantly less than 2l.

Michelle

Its spot on ,, after a good ride out on it ,, its just below the full line.... it did it the other day on the rear paddock stand ,, why I do not no....
To check the oil I put it in the choc so the bike is dead straight.... See what happens over the next few weeks....

SWdragon

Country flag
Oil level is very critical on this bike. I had oil leaking from the breather tube that goes from the top of engine to the air box. Drained oil and filter 1.8l, supposed to be 1.7L, refilled it to 1.6L no leaks.