Bottom Line: Remap needed for aftermarket exhaust???

RoninJames

So whats the verdict here?
I have read the bike does and doesnt need to be remapped when you install an aftermarket exhaust.
I know the Akro exhaust has a remap... but I am not looking to spend that much, plus that can is HUGE. Not a fan.
I am interested in the AHM ZR1 exhaust, or even the GPR ghost... i like the stock placement... but does anyone know if I need to remap for these???
Also interested in seeing what comes of Formula390s exhaust, esp since his plan is to keep the stock placement.

Def wanna ditch the stock can soon

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The bike really shows gains when properly tuned on any combo.. If you want to get your money's worth and have the bike run well it should be tuned, even a bone stock one. If your just into the noise factor then up to you. The ktm akra map which I have tuned over has plenty of room for improvement and substantial gains.

RoninJames

The bike really shows gains when properly tuned on any combo.. If you want to get your money's worth and have the bike run well it should be tuned, even a bone stock one. If your just into the noise factor then up to you. The ktm akra map which I have tuned over has plenty of room for improvement and substantial gains.

so, yes i want more than just noise :) tho a louder bike never hurts. but yea if i am spending the money on an exhaust i would want to get optimum performance from it.
so do i wait for the PCV so the bike can be tuned? I want to replace the exhaust, and also open up the air intake with the billet cover. should i just wait to do that until the PCV comes out and then do it all at once and get it tuned?

RoninJames

cjwell any thoughts on the bazzaz fuel injection controller?
they are available now for the RC390 and cost is under $300

SPG

Chad, do you expect you will have the ability soon to remap the stock ecu without needing a piggyback?
Thanks.
-Sean

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
cjwell any thoughts on the bazzaz fuel injection controller?
they are available now for the RC390 and cost is under $300

I haven't seen specs on it but if it's like the rest of their line up, it won't do anything for closed loop area or ignition timing. 2 almost most important parts to the 390. I'm not a bazzaz fan for those 2 reasons and they will never give me indepent fuel maps (I do mainly twins) and it's a must on those.

RoninJames

I haven't seen specs on it but if it's like the rest of their line up, it won't do anything for closed loop area or ignition timing. 2 almost most important parts to the 390. I'm not a bazzaz fan for those 2 reasons and they will never give me indepent fuel maps (I do mainly twins) and it's a must on those.

copy that, thanks fr the insight. guess im waiting for the PCV :)